Anchoring & securing a Jotul 602

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Table Jotul

Oct 27, 2015
Hanna, Utah
I have a Jotul 602 which I plan to place on a table in an outdoor pavilion with removable sides for a kind of wall tent. The stove will be mostly protected from the weather with at least 6' coverage about 6' above. We're generally not prone to big winds so I don't foresee much driving snow or rain getting to it.
My biggest concern is hiking up there in the winter and finding some passerby has stolen my stove. Have any of you anchored down one of these or what ideas do you have to protect and lock this thing up?
I have the stove up at the site and haven't unpacked it but I don't think there are any holes in the feet to anchor it is there?
I had a metal shop price up building me a split box that I could place around the stove and chimney and lock it together then lock it to posts coming through the table but the box quote is more then the cost of my stove!

If someone wants it bad enough there isn't going to be any stopping them, especially when the place is unoccupied so much. But a little deterrent goes a long ways I think with a casual thief.

AH! Great Idea!
I think I have telescoping pipe for the connection to the stove, and I have some truck boxes mounted under the table I could even put the loading door in and lock it up. Scumbags would be less likely to take the thing if it wasn't 100% complete....
Would that be a quick job removing the pipe and the loading door? Probably a bit messy I guess.

Not too bad, the door should pull up and off the hinges easily, the pipe should be easy to pull out depending on the setup, shouldn't be too messy of a job if you are not burning for long periods of time, plus it will ensure your pipe is clean for the next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.