American stove 4840 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Buckshutem

Jan 1, 2018
New Jersey
ive been using my wall hung 4840 for several years with almost no issues.
It shut down yesterday and I did a complete cleaning. The exhaust chimney was a bout 85 plugged with ash. I cleaned it all up.
Replugged and restarted my stove. I walked away n cleaned up. Returned 10 minutes later n pressure switch was flashing. Trouble shot that n think it was repaired. Plugged in and hit start. I didn’t here the exhaust blower kick on as I believe it used too in the beginning ( I believe the exhaust blower begins the safety tests). About 10 minutes later the vacume light flashes.

I also emptied the hopper n refilled with sifted pellets. I don’t think it’s pellets or auger. These new pellets did however plug exhaust up in two months. I vacume combustion chamber ever 2-3 because of excessive ash

you cleaned all the path's from the burn pot to the combustion blower? I would ck your combustion blower, either dirty or failing

you cleaned all the path's from the burn pot to the combustion blower? I would ck your combustion blower, either dirty or failing

Thank you! When I get done work that’ll be the next thing a try. Do you know what blower kicks on when you first turn the unit on? Because I recall hearing something when I worked before it ever ignited and whatever that sound was I don’t hear anymore