amercan harvest 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably using our corn:) They have a thing about using food for fuel that could get one in serious trouble.

Didn't think about that, you are probably right. They use our hay,I know another forage grower who exports bailed alfalfa hay in containers to China....

The 8500 Is Around 85% transfer Eff and 95% Combustion Eff when installed and operated correctly

The 8500 Is Around 85% transfer Eff and 95% Combustion Eff when installed and operated correctly

Interesting that it ships with a high PPH delivery, but then I'm sure it's just as 'adjustable' as the other multifuel units are. Same pot and agitator assembly I presume? Box style HX or tube HX?

No it's a furnace so it has channels that the air blows over the Fire box to the plenum and then to the duct. It had a larger burn pot and Agit. it has the same look board different programming. It can feed as many as 19 lbs/hr.

No it's a furnace so it has channels that the air blows over the Fire box to the plenum and then to the duct. It had a larger burn pot and Agit. it has the same look board different programming. It can feed as many as 19 lbs/hr.

Interesting. I presume you received my message last night? Lots of interesting things in it...and pictures too....lol

I did haven't been able to give it my full attention yet. Busy here at work
LOL I was on IBC as well Same Name.

I'm sure you are busy. Conversely, I should become a local service tech. Probably lots of endearing folks out there needing service....:)

I see the 8500 has a cast agit. Iron tends to erode (oxidize faster than 3 series stainless in heat applications with an oxidizing flame), why cast?

I downloaded the manual for future reference, I'll have to absorb it in detail. Looks interesting (but has a couple mis-spelled words) not that it's an issue anyway in as much as people don't read manuals as a rule......

so far i love this stove great heat output!! my blower motor that pushes the air into the room went out last night, it looks like the shaft is bent on it somehow!! so going to local electric shop see if they can get parts for them, otherwise an oem motor on ebay is 200 bucks for it. its the fasco 80472. Anyone having one lay around? also the board is really hard to get the stove going its like the on button doesnt work all the time wich isnt that big of deal i normally just leave it running. Otherwise love the stove!

We all hang on to our worn out parts and rebuild them for spares. Thats how it works.

yah exactly, and some of us are really really thankful for thos junk parts..i know i was the other morning my auger motor crapped out..

just ordered spares! That aint happening again!

got a motor from local shop for 120 tax and everything. thought it was a good deal the thing is so quiet and really blows!! whats everyones favorite settings here? i notice if i set the thing to auto sometime the exhaust fan speeds up and slows down alot. so i like the manual not sure if its hard on blower going up and down frequently.

Reactions: mustangwagz
got a motor from local shop for 120 tax and everything. thought it was a good deal the thing is so quiet and really blows!! whats everyones favorite settings here? i notice if i set the thing to auto sometime the exhaust fan speeds up and slows down alot. so i like the manual not sure if its hard on blower going up and down frequently.
No kidding? Whats the numbers on it???? got any part numbers and names etc etc?

ill have to look its so quiet i can barely hear it run!! i believe the motor was rated for half of what the original was for in rpm wise but it blows just as hard if not harder than my stock one!!

ill have to look its so quiet i can barely hear it run!! i believe the motor was rated for half of what the original was for in rpm wise but it blows just as hard if not harder than my stock one!!
Yes, Please find out the info on the motor PLEASE

Here's a picture of the motor from earlier I'll take side panel off maybe tomorrow and get shots of the sticker! Trying some different settings and hitting it with temp gun. A lot of post I see people are running draft fans at 9? Just curious

Attachments

• amercan harvest 6039
    image.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 155
i run my ROOM air blower on 9 all the time.

DRAFT (as in combustion fan) on setting 9 anytime im above HR-5. If im on HR-5 or lower, i run it on auto. But ive also got my Maximum PPH upto 5.50

Yah, deff get me some pics man, looks great in there! Cant wait to hear back what ya find out for motor info for me!!

Oh man pph I don't know this technical stuff my other cab50 stove is just low med high lol!!
PPH is Pounds Per Hour. Depending on Version of your board, your HIGHEST amount of Heat output and Pellet usage MIGHT be adjustable.

Ok not sure on board it's the 4 button one I see there is a 3 button on some postings as well

Yah, some have the 3 button board, some have the 4 button board. usually the 4 button boards have the adjustable PPH setting. On my OLD 3 button board, i couldnt adjust that other than the low setting.

Thanks for the blower info!! GREATLY appreciate it!!

So you adjust it in pounds instead of the hr- ?
no no, You set your maximum PPH and then the board has a "ratio" it adjusts to according to which HR you are on.

One way to tell is, If your on highest setting 9 (or setting 5...depends which version of the 4 button board you have..) and its not making very good heat...you can turn up your MAX pph setting to get more heat outta it. HOWEVER...its only good for so far, then your basically wasting pellets and money

Status
Not open for further replies.