Advice for selling a Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 274631
Here is a picture I took when I first got it.
That is the older KE1107. It was legal to sell up until May 15th, 2020 and because it has a chain of non-commercial ownership (that's you) it is legal for a retailer to sell the stove as a used stove.

Is your basement an improved basement? Insulated, below grade and how are you moving the heat to the main floor of your home?

You shouldn't have any problem selling it.....

Good to see a post from you webby..
Hows that Hitzer treating you ??
I’ve been busy, and folks around here aren’t keen on the idea of burning coal. So I’ve been laying low.

BK stoves are very good for low and slow burning, but if the area heated is large or the heat loss of the house is big, then it may not be a good fit. What is the make and model of the old stove?
I probably do have too much heat loss in my house. The other stove is a DS Energy Max 110.

When I am looking for values on something I will use searchtempest to search CL and also look on ebay and FB marketplace. That will give you an idea of what people are LISTING them for, only ebay will usually let you know what they SOLD for.
Thank you. I will have to look into that

I probably do have too much heat loss in my house. The other stove is a DS Energy Max 110.
Ok, that is a big coal furnace with about twice the heat output. If you want to heat with wood take a look at the Drolet Heat Commander furnace.

Is your basement an improved basement? Insulated, below grade and how are you moving the heat to the main floor of your home?

You shouldn't have any problem selling it.....
3 out of the 4 basement walls are below ground. It’s about half finished and the walls in the finished part have a styrofoam insulation behind wood or drywall. The other half is just block that’s not insulated. I have no actual way of moving the heat besides an open stairway. My wife doesn’t want me to cut holes for vents in our floor to try to circulate. I was not sure if that would work and didn’t want to cut holes in our maple floor just in case it doesn’t function as well as I’d hoped. The stairway works very well for my other stove, even with no actual “returns.”

Ok, that is a big coal furnace with about twice the heat output. If you want to heat with wood take a look at the Drolet Heat Commander furnace.
Wow, that looks like a nice unit. However, I do not have duct work in my house and I also really would like to stick with something that doesn’t require electricity.

No blower, no hole, heating 3000 sq ft does not leave a lot of options. Regency has a big hybrid stove, the F5200. It's about the largest out there.
The other option would be to consider putting a freestanding stove or a good EPA zero-clearance fireplace upstairs and just fire up the DS stove in really cold weather.

Reactions: Tar12