A fifteen hour Blaze King burn.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This conversation is awesome!

BK is to be commended for pushing the wood burning technology envelope and our expectations of what a wood burning appliance can achieve; but did you see the thread where one frustrated member considered selling his BK? The gang turned on him. When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way.
Well, his problem was not with the stove performance, it was that he plan to run a new cat by the time the bad weather arrives at his area.
Sometimes we can get upset when something doesn't go as planned.
He never mentioned to have problems with his cat unless something happened that we don't know. But I know you are kidding.

Reactions: jatoxico
next couple nights will be around-30f and I’m still not running stove hard at all. Now I’m only heating a little over 1700 square feet with an ashford.
You must have a pretty tight envelope, then, up there in the frozen tundra. He's heating 2000 from the basement, with some room for improvement in air-sealing and insulation..Ashford would be struggling mightily there.
Bk's are cool but the hype has turned me off a bit....Happens to me with pretty much everything. Not BK's fault though.
Same here. I'm cynical by nature, and suspect fake news most of the time. I've been suspicious of the BK hype from the get-go.
With those settings and burning pine ( discard house temperature ) I get 20 hrs minimum out of a load. Not clear what is going on here.
He doesn't have two stoves running, that's what. ;lol
The one i am running makes almost a full turn. Where i put the knob on it is full open at 12 full close at 1.
No wonder he gave you that stove..it's defective! ;) ;lol
telling us you are burning at 9 o'clock, for us you are speaking another language.
He started by describing the air as 1/4 closed. It's pretty clear what he is saying there.
what in the heck is wrong with your house that you need 2.8 cubic feet of oak btu per 8 hours? That's a horrific amount of heat for a 2000 SF 2 story home.
Not if you live where it's cold,on a windy ridge, like he does.

You need to re-read again, I said discard house temperature.
I was talking about what is capable at the same setting burning pine. Is good to know, I am not the only one that can't read English.;lol