2nd year update with my Pacific Energy FP30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fordtrucknut

Nov 24, 2015
missouri
This stove has been great, very efficient, heats our 2700sqft ranch very nice, living room kitchen and dining room stay in the 75deg range and the bed rooms stay in the low 70s. The loaded box and what you see in the small wood rack to the left will last over 24 hours. It's easy to get started, you can burn for about 4 days before you have to remove any ashes.
Only 3 real problems with this stove,
1. it has an auto fan on temp switch, mine stopped working last year and it fails with the fan off... NOT A GOOD THING with a loaded fire box, I have since bypassed the auto fan switch and installed my own manual switch.
2nd problem I see is closing the dampener all the way actually only closes 3/4 of the way, so you can not starve the fire out,
3. The only way into the fan system and electronics is through the floor of the firebox, would have been nice to go from under the front, especially when the fan malfunctioned.
20190102_185957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: saydinli
This stove has been great, very efficient, heats our 2700sqft ranch very nice, living room kitchen and dining room stay in the 75deg range and the bed rooms stay in the low 70s. The loaded box and what you see in the small wood rack to the left will last over 24 hours. It's easy to get started, you can burn for about 4 days before you have to remove any ashes.
Only 3 real problems with this stove,
1. it has an auto fan on temp switch, mine stopped working last year and it fails with the fan off... NOT A GOOD THING with a loaded fire box, I have since bypassed the auto fan switch and installed my own manual switch.
2nd problem I see is closing the dampener all the way actually only closes 3/4 of the way, so you can not starve the fire out,
3. The only way into the fan system and electronics is through the floor of the firebox, would have been nice to go from under the front, especially when the fan malfunctioned. View attachment 237289

I agree with everything you mentioned. I removed my fan temp switch this fall as i found that it would take way too long to come on from a cold start. I have a rheostat to control the fan speed. Works great.
I too hate that you have to go through the bottom of the firebox to get to the fans. Makes repairing or cleaning the fans a real pain In the Arse.. LOL.

Other than this issue , I too am very happy the way it'll het my 2800 Sq ft house. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fordtrucknut
Im only about 3 months into burning with my FP30, but i agree with all your findings as well. I had wondered if everything would be alright if my power would happen to go out while firebox was full?

I have an extra fan kit installed that ducts some of the heat into the hall/foyer area behind the fireplace. So im not sure i feel the need to take the main blower off of the thermostatic switch. I have had it take a bit long a few times, but mine typically kicks on at a pretty reasonable temp. Only once or twice was i worried and kicked the other fan kit on to try and dump some heat.

2018 Pacific Energy FP30

Last edited by a moderator: