25-EP Fresh install, OAK or no OAK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to an extent. I understand what you guys are getting at. I appreciate the feedback.

Likewise. I have heard that having some fresh air intermix so the house is not too tight is not necessarily a bad thing when burning wood, but I know that this also means a loss in efficiency and more fuel being consumed. The upcoming install does not include an OAK but it's something I could add later if the stove creates too much drafting of cold air from outside.

The 25 Ep is required to have an OAK harmans are not so he will have to install one like it or not or risk a warranty issue

I LOVE my OAK.... House stays so stable, and ZERO drafts anywhere. Also, the humidity levels are higher and much more stable with an OAK. I can still maintain 45-50% RH easily. In my other homes, with the woodstove drawing inside air, it was hard to keep relative humidity above 30%. Even with a pot of H20 on the stove and a room humidifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.