Work Done in 2021

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good for you. We are all better off getting that under control. I started keto dieting on the 1st of March this year and have dropped 86 lbs. so far. Can't believe how much better it feels. Keep at it, it pays dividends for sure.
Good for you rotti, that's a bunch of weight. My first goal was 212 (done) my second target was 210 (done) I might hit 207 and that will be it and then I'll stay around that weight until Thanksgiving hits but I don't plan on packing it back on.

After an appointment this morning, I picked up some ash & cherry rounds along with what was in the pile and finished off the face cord. Another face cord and I can do some cleanup around the house lot before winter hits.

@rottiman , I hit 207.2 this morning so I'll put the brakes on the weight loss, hopefully I get into the maintain mode and not the gain mode.

Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021

After an appointment this morning, I picked up some ash & cherry rounds along with what was in the pile and finished off the face cord. Another face cord and I can do some cleanup around the house lot before winter hits.

@rottiman , I hit 207.2 this morning so I'll put the brakes on the weight loss, hopefully I get into the maintain mode and not the gain mode.

View attachment 285213 View attachment 285214 View attachment 285215 View attachment 285216 View attachment 285217 View attachment 285218

WOW......................Good for you. I started out in March @ 340. Scaled this a.m. @ 254.2. Hope to get to 225 as my goal weight. I WILL then maintain it there. 56 years ago I was 225 in H.S when I was playing football and wrestling, so I am challenging myself to do it again.

WOW......................Good for you. I started out in March @ 340. Scaled this a.m. @ 254.2. Hope to get to 225 as my goal weight. I WILL then maintain it there. 56 years ago I was 225 in H.S when I was playing football and wrestling, so I am challenging myself to do it again.
That's great rotti, it seems like you're on the correct path.

Do you ever talk (email) with loon?

That's great rotti, it seems like you're on the correct path.

Do you ever talk (email) with loon?
No, lost contact with him quite some time ago. I don't think he posts much over there any more. I am not allowed to play over there due to one of the mods exercising his hard-on for me.

No, lost contact with him quite some time ago. I don't think he posts much over there any more. I am not allowed to play over there due to one of the mods exercising his hard-on for me.
Big double standard going on, you have a mod post about burning garbage yet he shuts down threads he doesn't like.

Reactions: rottiman
i have never seen soo perfectly stacked firewood before i signed-up to this brigade...

Work Done in 2021

this stack should get some sorta award or something...
Thanks but since I use t-post the award should go to the really great stackers who crib the ends.

Ha Ha--you better crib the ends if you want the award..---beautiful wood pile and stacking..clancey
I see your temps are still around 70, when do your temps usually fall low enough for you to burn daily?

Don't really know only when I want to drive the truck and go shopping it snows..lol Just waiting here for winter to start and watching the rest of the nation...S. Dakota got hit with some snow today and last I checked it was headed towards the north maybe Wisconsin or something..just waiting for a nice cold day to light my stove...and the northwest around seattle got a lot of rain and maybe they said some flooding as well-maybe...clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
Don't really know only when I want to drive the truck and go shopping it snows..lol Just waiting here for winter to start and watching the rest of the nation...S. Dakota got hit with some snow today and last I checked it was headed towards the north maybe Wisconsin or something..just waiting for a nice cold day to light my stove...and the northwest around seattle got a lot of rain and maybe they said some flooding as well-maybe...clancey
Even though we're still burning pine when we usually burning hardwood, any hardwood we thought we might've saved, mother nature usually makes us burn with real cold weather in January and February.

The cold weather will be here soon enough.

Thanks but since I use t-post the award should go to the really great stackers who crib the ends.

Yeah, but cribbing takes a lot more time and effort (and patience...did I mention patience?)!

Work Done in 2021

The best stacks of firewood that I've ever seen. What temps are you getting in your area?
We've had some lows in the 20's with the average daytime highs in the 40's lately. There's a chance we may see our first snow this evening (possible 2-5 inches if you believe the forecast). Had the stove going most evenings and during some days when it's been raining just to take off the chill. Won't be long before she's going 24/7. What about out your way?

Reactions: thewoodlands
Since our area is in for more rain, we put in two more loads of pine this morning. We should have just under or about one more load of pine and then we move on to the hardwood.

We've had some lows in the 20's with the average daytime highs in the 40's lately. There's a chance we may see our first snow this evening (possible 2-5 inches if you believe the forecast). Had the stove going most evenings and during some days when it's been raining just to take off the chill. Won't be long before she's going 24/7. What about out your way?
We've had some daytime temps above 50 and around 40, our temps at night have ranged between 28 to 45 with both trending down.

We might get some snow tonight (dusting) but with the roads wet from the rain, that could turn to ice.

This happened the other day in our town, hopefully the driver is okay....the cement truck is a different story.

Broke down and lit the match this morning. 41 and a cold wind and clouds. Looks like we missed the rain/snow predicted but down to 25 tonight. and colder for the next 3 days.

This Cherry had the top broken off (wind) and hung up for many years before it came down a few years back. The top of this Cherry was rotting so I felled it today with the help of a indirect pull with the Kubota. All the bigger splits are stacked, I plan on filling this stack up with some damaged Birch, Yellow I hope.

In picture 2478, you can see the rot.

Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021

Got called into work yesterday at 3pm (thunderstorms / wind) worked till 7am this morning, took a cat nap (yes the cat slept on top of me in bed) got up at 11am for a fire call then cleaned all my leaves - roof, gutters, driveway and about 3/4 of an acre of grass, looks good, one more full clean up needed, traditionally thanksgiving weekend then its over and I can refocus on cutting before the snow comes.

Zap, you have a slice of heaven there.
We love it, especially when we had a quarter of an acre lot in my old hometown, you could hear the neighbor screaming at his wife in the winter time when the windows were shut.

Thanks
Zap

I decided instead of taking down the topped off Birch, I would finish the last stack with some rounds and splits of Beech, Ironwood and the Maples.

I think that gives us 66 face cord stacked with room for three more if mother nature gives me enough time and I get a few jobs done for the wife.

Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021 Work Done in 2021