Will I over buy if I get a Blaze King-King?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Surly you jest,this sits in a $400,000 house,it will do just fine in your garage in my opinion.
It doesnt matter how expensive the house is that it is in. They are not good looking stoves the proportions are all off the legs are set to far in and the top overhand is to large. It is just bad design aesthetically. That by no means says it is a bad stove but it is not a looker.

Twenty four hours at what temp?30's maybe,low teens 10 to 12 hrs realistically.Not knocking the stove in any way shape or form,just speaking from experiences relayed to me by two friends and one relative who own them.A beautiful stove ,seems well built,but 24 hours isn't a reality in low teen or sub teen temps.The BK will burn 40 hrs in 30 degree weather ,but not much usable heat. Coals,and a quick start up with dry wood is a reasonable expectation.Twenty four hours with BK's 4,4 cube firebox ,and serious dry hardwood is not only a reality but an expectation,this can be achieved with temps in the low teens and sub teens ,I don't go for marathon burning scenarios when temps dip into the 5 to 10 degree range,I know I'll get 15 hours with a house kept in the 70's,I don't ask anymore of a stove than that.That in itself is a feat ,I've had many stoves and know a little about what is fact and what is fiction.
That all depends on the btus needed in a smaller house with better insulation an is would be able to run 24 hrs even with low outside temps. But yes the king will beat anything out there for burn time without a doubt.

Reactions: Highbeam
I'd at least put some insulation under the concrete. Probably wouldn't cost much to put the line in either. Give you the option for it later.

I'll check into it.

If he's got stuff that absolutely must not freeze, he could make a small storage room with an electric heater.
I'm having a tornado shelter built in as we live on bedrock! on top of a hill. The garage is in quite a slope. Good idea to put freezable stuff in there when I'll be gone. It will have electricity.

Gotta have electric, correct? And what, or who, do you need to get away from?
Electricity- yes.
Get away from...you're trying to get me into trouble there! I figure I worked 6 days a week most of out marriage. I might need a place to go to get out of each other's hair. I'll have a chair, TV, fridge, fire, and a nice view of the lake. May not get me back into the house!

How long has it been split and stacked?
About one month. Oak. I used up all the dried stuff I had. I have three 15 foot trees trunks that have been standing dead for a few years. Next time down I will cut and split them and used those for fires this year and next. By the time we move down in 1.5 yr the 3 cord should be dry. I bought a meter and I check to make sure they are under 20% before I burn them.

Hey, first time I've figured out how to use a quote function!

Reactions: Woody Stover
Twenty four hours at what temp?30's maybe,low teens 10 to 12 hrs realistically.Not knocking the stove in any way shape or form,just speaking from experiences relayed to me by two friends and one relative who own them.A beautiful stove ,seems well built,but 24 hours isn't a reality in low teen or sub teen temps.The BK will burn 40 hrs in 30 degree weather ,but not much usable heat. Coals,and a quick start up with dry wood is a reasonable expectation.Twenty four hours with BK's 4,4 cube firebox ,and serious dry hardwood is not only a reality but an expectation,this can be achieved with temps in the low teens and sub teens ,I don't go for marathon burning scenarios when temps dip into the 5 to 10 degree range,I know I'll get 15 hours with a house kept in the 70's,I don't ask anymore of a stove than that.That in itself is a feat ,I've had many stoves and know a little about what is fact and what is fiction.

Length of burn really can't be measured equally from house to house or climate zone. In the 30's I can easily let the stove go 24 hours. Granted 24 hrs later it isn't up to normal temp anymore. I'm heating my entire house from the basement mind you. When it gets really cold in Lancaster County it doesn't matter if I have a BK or IS. It's going to get run hard. I personally would rather have the IS for that task.

Reactions: bholler
Length of burn really can't be measured equally from house to house or climate zone. In the 30's I can easily let the stove go 24 hours. Granted 24 hrs later it isn't up to normal temp anymore. I'm heating my entire house from the basement mind you. When it gets really cold in Lancaster County it doesn't matter if I have a BK or IS. It's going to get run hard. I personally would rather have the IS for that task.
If the unit is in the basement what's the concern about looks?performance wise no matter how hard you run either stove the BK comes out on top,larger firebox,longer burn times,just the facts.

If the unit is in the basement what's the concern about looks?performance wise no matter how hard you run either stove the BK comes out on top,larger firebox,longer burn times,just the facts.
there are other stoves with as large a firebox just not the IS. And honestly not everyone is that concerned with really long burn times.

Reactions: JA600L
Well, the shop is build. Starting to fill it and planning on moving in 14 months!!!

I have a call in to a local Blaze Kind dealer for a quote on a King.

Just need to decide on Classic, Parlor or Ultra.

Will be getting the fan too.

ks

Well, the shop is build. Starting to fill it and planning on moving in 14 months!!!

I have a call in to a local Blaze Kind dealer for a quote on a King.

Just need to decide on Classic, Parlor or Ultra.

Will be getting the fan too.

ks
I'd forget the fan kit and plan on a ceiling fan or 2..
I ordered the fan kit but never really needed it, sent em to New York for a guy to try..
I'm heating a lot more space than you're talking about ..

I will be heating a 1600 sq ft insulated garage in southern Missouri.

I like the King, esp the long burn times.

Will the King be overkill for that size space?

Should I get the Princess? or???

Thanks.

Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

It must be hard to buy decent stuff when you have to check to see if it looks pretty first.

Though I grant you there are some ugly stoves out there.

Will I over buy if I get a Blaze King-King?

Reactions: lsucet
It must be hard to buy decent stuff when you have to check to see if it looks pretty first.

View attachment 196839
Yeah there are some really good but ugly stoves available. Hahaha

View attachment 196839

That is awesome, stove and heat collector at the same time.;lol

Attachments

• Will I over buy if I get a Blaze King-King?
    image.jpeg
    10.5 KB · Views: 98