Who really makes this insert????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckless

Feeling the Heat
Jan 24, 2013
Orange county, NY
Bought a house and inherited a VC Encore 2550. After running it now for a cple weeks and then replacing the cat and running it some more I realized that this stove is a touch too small for my 2400sq ft replica farmhouse, also I would rather have the stove pushed back into the old fireplace where it belongs (safer for children too) Ive been doing research on some inserts and came across the Osburn Matrix (broken link removed to http://www.osburn-mfg.com/en/heaters/model-OB02021-description) and I love the look and size BUT recently came accross the Enerzone Destination 2.3 (broken link removed to http://enerzone-intl.com/product.aspx?CategoId=7&Id=581) hmmm look pretty similar......
Upon reviewing the of the owners manual they seem to be the same insert...... so who really makes this insert? And which one should I buy? And will this stove with built in blower do a better job at heating than my current VC encore? (VC will be headed to the basement/game room to be run occationally)

-End wall of text-

stove builders int. (sbi)
good canadian company.

Got it (broken link removed to http://www.sbi-international.com/en/nos-marques.asp) seems there are more than I thought... who has the best customer service is what it comes down too I guess

I didn't have to use SBI's customer service when I had an insert made by them, but SBI does have an employee on hearth.com and A1stoves would be able to answer your questions.

we've only installed one Matrix insert so far, so I may not be the best source of info :)

Start a conversation with FyreBug. He works for SBI.

SBI are a great Canadian company. They support their products inside and out. People that have had issues with their prodcuts have contacted the company and received outstanding service (myself included).

Fyrebug is a forum member who works for SBI.

The combustion box on those stoves are the same. The main difference between SBI and Enerzone is their price point and their finished product (bells and whistles, etc). It depends on what you're looking for.

The member A1stoves sells these products and as mentioned before can certainly answer your questions. Hopefully he or Fyrebug will chime in sooner than later.

Andrew

I have a PM into fyrebug and A1 mentioned he has only installed 1. My local dealer told me he installed around 8 over the past 2 years and gave me a decent quote BUT also told me I should look into the Lennox Montilake (broken link removed) as it is a "better" insert (looks like it sticks out quite a bit though). More research is in order......

Really I am just looking for a 75000 btu insert that is sleek and has a low profile, thats all

If you're still interested in looking at flush inserts, might be helpful to give your fireplace dimensions. Seems to be increasing numbers of those of us going the flush/contemporary route. Of the top of my head, these are some that I looked at. Should probably instantly remove anything without a blower. Important for any flush insert IMO.

Morso
Fireplace Xtraodinaire
Avalon
Osburn
Regency
Wittus

Status
Not open for further replies.