Who enjoys going to the woodshed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Who enjoys going to the woodshed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
rayza said:
I love this picture. Fast and convienent. Wish my better half would allow me to do the same

Wonder what the fire marshal would say though.

I've been refining this system for 20 years, so safety issues are well thought out. Missing from the photo are sheets of steel that are against the wood on the other side. Clearance is 36" on the side and 45" in the front. I'm more worried about the temps of the floor joists and ply flooring above. Hits up to 135ºF at times. The firewood itself never gets hotter than about 115º. Besides, everybody thinks my speed-dried wood is too wet to burn in my stove. What chance does it have to catch fire 3-4' away? ;-P

FD has been here before, seen the setup, and never said a word. Maybe they were too concerned about the busted propane line in the basement. :ahhh:

I can't tell you how many times I have told my wife how much I love my woodshed . . . it's a weekly ritual for me to go to the woodshed and refill the stack on the back porch . . . and every time I take that trip to the woodshed I love it . . . I love seeing the stacks of wood all nestled under cover, I love rediscovering the wood I split (even the gnarly ones that are more memorable than the cleanly split ones), I love the smell of the wood, I love the smell of the smoke which I can smell but not see from the home's chimney, I love the wood debris littering the floor which I push aside as kindling, I love the feeling of warmth and security that comes from being surrounded by all that wood . . . and how the wood surrounding me blocks the wind. Oh yeah, I love my woodshed.

Status
Not open for further replies.