Where can a 5 inch UL 103 chimney comparison chart be found?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maringotka

Nov 23, 2018
Where can I find a chart that lists comparisons of UL103 chimney manufacturers that includes the inside diameter and the outside diameter of the pipes?

My tiny house is overwhelmed by the thought of huge double wall pipe!

My Jotul 602 is manufactured for use with 5 inch pipe.

Where can I find a chart that lists comparisons of UL103 chimney manufacturers that includes the inside diameter and the outside diameter of the pipes?

My tiny house is overwhelmed by the thought of huge double wall pipe!

My Jotul 602 is manufactured for use with 5 inch pipe.
The majority of double wall chimney pipe has 1" of insulation. So a 5" chimney would be 7" outside. A little bit bigger pipe is much better than burning it down. And you need ul-103ht pipe for a woodstove.

The chimney pipe is for when it penetrates the roof. It will not overwhelm the place at all. Did you review the video and see what this looks like?

Here is a good site to pick up what you need.
https://woodstovepro.com/chimney-pipe-venting-pipe/wood-all-fuel-piping/5-inch/duravent-duratech-5/
If you compare the same components in 6" chimney you will notice they are much less. This is because 6" is the most popular size. I would consider using 6" stove pipe and chimney pipe if you are trying to save some money. This is what our F602 is connected with and it's installed in a space that is quite small. (12'x20')
https://woodstovepro.com/chimney-pipe-venting-pipe/wood-all-fuel-piping/6-inch/duravent-duratech-6/

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnLiNY
This is 6" chimney on the small greenhouse and the support box. Note the stove pipe is double-wall.

Where can a 5 inch UL 103 chimney comparison chart be found? Where can a 5 inch UL 103 chimney comparison chart be found?

You only really look at it for the first week at most. Telephone poles look like crap yet I drive past hundreds a day without even noticing.

I hope your tiny house gets over this really quicky.

Reactions: bholler
Where can a 5 inch UL 103 chimney comparison chart be found?

Here's the tiny house (8x24).

I'm thinking of doing this:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/media/dickerson-boat-chimney.2528/

Dickinson marine

The product that you have indicated would definitely allow you to mate a 5" pipe with another 5" pipe as well as allow for safe clearance while going through the roof. There is no need for added insulation as you would cut a 7" hole for the 5" pipe. The gap is to allow for air circulation and to prevent heat transfer from material to material.

Kind Regards,

Jeremy Edgar

Dickinson Manufacturing

Dickinson Marine/ Sig Marine

101-17728 66th Ave

Surrey, BC V3S7X1 Canada

Tel: 604-574-8641

Fax: 604-574-8659

You only really look at it for the first week at most. Telephone poles look like crap yet I drive past hundreds a day without even noticing.

I hope your tiny house gets over this really quicky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to wrap this up for future readers. I contacted Dickinson Marine and they definitely did not realize that this inquiry was not for one of their stoves and not a marine application. Their chimney flashing is meant for marine use and only with their stove which is much lower output than a Jotul F602.

Status
Not open for further replies.