Whats the oddest fuel you have burned

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-girlfriend pictures.....

And they were HOT!

This wasn't in a wood stove, but a few years ago there was a motorcycle rally in VT that I went to, very late in the year. The rally was being run by some rather off the wall folks, and one of the blurbs in the rally invite was for the Friday night arrival party featuring:

"Roadkill Stew, contributions accepted, bring a flat bladed shovel and a hefty bag. Please, NO Fido or Feline, (put them in an envelope addressed to the address on their collar and deposit in the nearest mailbox"

I kept my eyes open all the way up, and was amazed at the unusual lack of good donation material - never there when you need it. Finally about 20 minutes from the rally site I spotted a great donation - a BIG porcupine, fairly clean hit, and reasonably fresh. :roll: Discovered the hard way that leather riding gloves are NOT proof against porcupine quills, but was able to finally get it up on the tour box and bungied down. Was good for amusement when I showed up with "donation".

The next afternoon, while standing around the large fire, it was decided (not by me) to burn the porcupine - Got instant demo that porcupine quills are essentially modified HAIR.... Had considerable crowding on upwind side of fire! Did have amusement for the rest of afternoon inviting everybody that came over to share lunch, and watching them turn green when they saw what was cooking...

Gooserider

Curtains in an open fireplace with a bunch of my buddies. It was a cold night and it warmed us up a little. Not too proud of it, but it was heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.