What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Open the windows and fire that dude up.
We've had temps in the mid 30's years back in the summer, I was in North Carolina when the cold weather hit for a few days so the wife had some fires.

Reactions: 30WCF
Got home last night after visiting family for the weekend and the cabin was 65. Looked at the forecast and it said 40 for a low so had a small fire to bring temps back up to 70. Woke up to 36 outside and 68 inside.

We had 52.3 this morning with more rain, I ran the furnace for five minutes and then shut her down.

It’s funny how my preferences flip flop.
In the winter I like the house about 65-68. 70 just feels too hot. If it’s cold out and I walk into a 67 degree house. It feels nice. I tend to naturally be wearing pants and sleeves with nice socks anyway.
Come summer time, I have the A/C on 73 if we arnt being to busy about the house. If I’m doing some cleaning, painting or something physical we may bump it down a tad for a little while. But again, I’m in shorts and flops today, so coming inside to the low 70s from the outdoors 90s is refreshing.

I’m the opposite. I like it 67-68 in the summer when it’s 90+ out. In the winter I’ll take 70-72 but won’t complain about 74 typically.
Negatory. I’d be opening the windows if the stove room hits 74.🤣
I think us being in a small house matters too. If I had to heat more space, and had more options than to hang out in the stove room, I might not mind 74 so bad.

We had 48.5 this morning with the high today around 68.

Negatory. I’d be opening the windows if the stove room hits 74.🤣
I think us being in a small house matters too. If I had to heat more space, and had more options than to hang out in the stove room, I might not mind 74 so bad.
My stove room Is 28x25x12 and have no doorways to kitchen or hallway that leads to 2 of my bedrooms. I heat about 1600 sq ft with my Drolet 1800 insert

The tall ceilings make a difference.

Reactions: 30WCF
It was 48 yesterday. No fire, I shut it down for the summer. Had to resort to Dino Juice, lol. Still have a half tank from 2 years ago.

We had 48 this morning, feels nice, they say tomorrow morning it will be 44.

Just burned a full load of hedge {Osage Orange} in the Garn Friday. Just heating domestic water this time of the year. Ac unit is running as I am writing this. We did finally get some much needed rain over night. That load of wood should heat my domestic for the next three days.

We had 42.4 this morning, I opened up the doors to the porch before my first cup of coffee, I thought the wife might say something but all was fine.

Reactions: MRD1985
We had 42.4 this morning, I opened up the doors to the porch before my first cup of coffee, I thought the wife might say something but all was fine.
40 degrees in the fall and I'm in a hoodie itching for a fire. 40 in the spring and I'm opening windows and in a t shirt

Reactions: thewoodlands
80 deg F when I left the house this morning 7am- it's going to be HOT. Both AC units in shop died late last year so now I got to shell out for a couple new ones. Rented shop.

We had 55 this morning with some rain but the sun is finally out.

We had 64 this morning which felt great but it didn't take long for another hard rain to move in, we're at 80 degrees at the moment.

89.6 on the shade side of my mini split heat pump where the air is being sucked in
The heat index there is 99.7.

Mid 90s here the last few days, and I hate it! Grateful we have fall and winter. Not good to have a heat wave before it was even officially summer. Thankfully a rainstorm brought temperatures below 80º.

Putting the broom away into the closet beside the stove just now, I caught my first whiff of the season of a bit of draft reversal. I actually enjoy the odd occasion that I can smell the fireplace inside the house when it’s summer. Fleeting moments of autumns past.

Yesterday was cool upper 50’s and drizzle. Cabin was 65 and felt damp. Small hot fire took that dampness and chill off.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Putting the broom away into the closet beside the stove just now, I caught my first whiff of the season of a bit of draft reversal. I actually enjoy the odd occasion that I can smell the fireplace inside the house when it’s summer. Fleeting moments of autu
I also like hints of the woodstove in the summer. Yesterday thankfully it was under 90º and humidity wasn't too bad. Got some trimming and weeding done. Even split a bit of wood.

It was 58 this morning with more rain.

Got some rain last night, first in over a week of low 90s. The woods was getting pretty dry. Nice morning but feels like it will be a little thick later on.

Rain would be good. Saturday night we could smell pine smoke in the air, a fire was burning somewhere in the area. I'll probably run down to the village to find out how close it was.

I was just telling the wife, if it was fall with the temp at 58 an rain, we would be having a fire but after the hot stretch we had with high humidity, it feels good.