What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Gonna get our first snow of the season tomorrow. It's about 40 out right now and have a load of maple and ash keeping things warm

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Got a night fire going with some oak cutoffs and some sassafras. Supposed to dip down in the low 30s tonight. Currently up to 79 in the stove room. Rest of the house is a cozy 72.

Bit of snow today. Now rainy and a north wind. A couple of weeks ago a load of junk wood was brought in and that’s what’s burning. A mix of mostly boxelder and quaking aspen. I’ll burn better stuff later in the season. Looks like 1.5 fires per day for a few days

30 with chance of flurries tonight. Bout to load up our first full overnight burn. Got silver maple pine ash and crabapple for tonight. Felling very lucky because first pieces I grabbed tested at between 6 and 13% Mc after fresh split. Much better than our first burn year (last year) when I was scrambling for wood and burning mostly upper 20s to low 30s mc%Mc. This forum has been a huge help

What Is In Your Stove Right Now? What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Lit the break in fire earlier in the day. Let her cool down and now a few splits of oak just enough to take the chill off and bring the stovetop up to a low 300 degree or so. 40 degrees outside and 70 inside. Im going to let it cool off and drive her a little harder tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well.

At the moment it's 44.2 out, I loaded up the Lopi with pine before checking the temp in the basement (it was 79) up here is 72 and I'm thinking the basement might hit 89. I let the load burn down some and then shut the fan off.

We had 41.5 this morning, we started off with a basement temp of 72 and the temp up here was 71 but we still had a small pine fire this morning before I headed outside.

Tonight NOAA is calling for a temp of 32 for our area.

Currently 39 out, got in from work. Stove is going now with some sassafras and silver maple splits. Tossed in a few red oak cutoffs im trying to use up. Supposed to dip into the 20’s overnight.

Yup its been heating the house and cooking a lot of our food since 2016. Great little Amish built stove. No secondary combustion, but very air tight. Only takes around 1.5 cord to heat our house, with a minisplit in the shoulder seasons.
That is really cool. A wood Cookstove is on my list but the Mrs. Thinks 1 stove is enough

I am letting the fire die out and have the windows open currently. Been going on on low, with mostly coals today and in the 40s now. Heating from the basement I can heat the entire house including 2nd floor, at these temps, though a bit too warm for my liking. That insulation I put up seems to make a difference for sure.

Maybe one of these weeks I'll get to light my stove, we're still enjoying a prolonged summer, still running the AC in my truck everyday coming home from work. They're calling for snow on Saturday, but also +7c (44F), not sure how that's going to work? 🤷‍♂️