What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Any of y'all northerners watching the Bill's and Patriot's game tonight. Gunna be a good one. Man it is going to be cold lol. Like 6 at kickoff I believe. It hurts just thinking of it.
The kind of weather football SHOULD be played in..................................

I'm afraid my Steelers will be breaking out the golf clubs come Monday morning. Thanks Ben for all the memories.

I'm afraid my Steelers will be breaking out the golf clubs come Monday morning. Thanks Ben for all the memories.

Don't count ben out yet. There were some years there when the chiefs season was spoiled by Roethlisberger. It wouldn't surprise me none if the steelers upset us tomorrow. The chief's have been very inconsistent this year.

Reactions: rottiman
Don't count ben out yet. There were some years there when the chiefs season was spoiled by Roethlisberger. It wouldn't surprise me none if the steelers upset us tomorrow. The chief's have been very inconsistent this year.
I hope your right but I have a weird feeling about this one.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Watching the Mecum Classis Car auction from Kissimmee Florida. Many record prices being paid so far. Doesn't look like there is any shortage of $$$$$$$ in that segment of the world. So body just paid 1.9 million for a 2016 Pagani. Absolutely mind boggling !!!!!!!!!

White oak this morning on last nights coals. Got the wood racks full in the house and on the porch. Excepting this next storm system to move through early tomorrow morning. Bring on the snow!

The kind of weather football SHOULD be played in..................................
I'm a Viking fan, when Bud Grant was coach they had some cold games and I don't think he would allow heaters on the sidelines.

Reloaded with red oak. I'm now missing one row of splits due to too much ash. As it's 17, going down to 11 I didn't empty ashes today. Needed the heat.

Tomorrow 31, so I'll use the minisplit for a bit and make some space in the stove.

We're at -16.8 already, I'm not sure what we'll heat with tonight. If it's the wood stove there will be some nice size rounds of Ironwood going in with Yellow Birch.

We're at 29 right now with a low of 22 tonight. I just put some red oak splits and a hickory round on some coals from the previous load for the heat tonight. Stay warm folks.
Send that warmer weather this way!

Reactions: Grizzerbear
-7 right now plan on burning this maple all day. And getting ready for a nor'easter

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

We had a low of - 19.1 @ 11:12 p.m. last night with a temp of - 16.4 this morning. More Yellow Birch and some Ironwood went in the wood stove early this morning.

Send that warmer weather this way!

If I could I would buddy. -19 yikes.....now that is true cold.

I seen on accuweather that the eastern 2/3rds of the country will be much below average this coming week. I think the cold sets in Wednesday for us after highs around 40 Monday and Tuesday which is average this time of year.

We had 22 this morning with some more red oak in the stove for the heat. 22 is our forecasted high Thursday.

I see a cold snap Thursday evening - Friday evening here indeed: 16 F low, 25 high, 17 low.

If I could I would buddy. -19 yikes.....now that is true cold.

I seen on accuweather that the eastern 2/3rds of the country will be much below average this coming week. I think the cold sets in Wednesday for us after highs around 40 Monday and Tuesday which is average this time of year.

We had 22 this morning with some more red oak in the stove for the heat. 22 is our forecasted high Thursday.
This will be our first cold stretch this winter so we'll put in more Ironwood tomorrow after I plow. Today the sun is strong which is nice, just a little tease from Mother Nature with our temp at 18.9 at the moment, feels like summer.

Yesterday evening it was 28. Got a dusting of snow, but it transitioned quickly into rain. Stormy during the night. 47 F now(!!). The stove will go cold, ashes will be scooped, and maybe I'll run the soot eater to have a look how it's going.

25 outside and 73 inside with a mix of ash and walnut doing the job. Dodged the bullet with the snow and ice here in south central Indiana, only a dusting of snow. Trading firewood to the horse farrier for his services today! I've got 16 pallets of mainly ash with a splash of oak and honey locust that is ready to burn this year. Need to sell some off because it looks like good cutting for the next several years before the ash is gone,