What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hitting a warm patch here. 34 overnight and a high of 45 tomorrow and it's going to pour all day... hoping it melts some of this snow! I'm just going to throw in a weenie load of whatever is on top of my pile tonight, I think cherry, to keep the chill off. I anticipate letting the stove go out after the morning reload. Been going 24/7 for a while now so it'll be a good time to shovel out some ash and clean the glass.

Weird weather. Back to normal highs of 25-30 and teens overnight on Wednesday and moving forward. Rapidly approaching sugar season!

Wind is ripping and the snow is coming down at a pretty good clip.... damn wind is worse than the temp!got the blower running on the stove tonight! Oak and Locust again..

Our temps last night were -4 temp and -14 wind chill, tonight they're calling for -11 temp and -25 wind chill. Definitely the coldest we've had in a while. Even this weather is keeping me inside, although I do find myself pacing inside several times. I've been running oak and locust, and some elm just because it's there. I'm trying to stay on top of the coals, by just burning them down a few times a day.. The Talking Heads Burning Down the House keeps running through my head, although I've changed the lyrics to Burning Down The Coals! Puff, my stoves name, is holding his own against these temps!

Nothing but ashes. 49 today _g Heated up during the night under constant rain - how fast does a foot of compact snow disappear... Good thing the solar panels are active again (I can't reach them to sweep the snow off...)

Cooling down to 25 tonight, and tomorrow 33, so I think I'll light up again tomorrow morning.

We have about 8 inches of snow with temps dropping close to single digits tonight. Locust and some ash and walnut to keep things warm.

Going to hit the low 30s a week out...that will feel nice! Till then the I will carry on with the Oak and Locust while I am waiting on JimBear to bring me a load of Osage..

Going to hit the low 30s a week out...that will feel nice! Till then the I will carry on with the Oak and Locust while I am waiting on JimBear to bring me a load of Osage..
So WI is just a slight detour north on the way to IN... he could drop half the load by me, then head over by you...

Freshly cleaned stove with a mid size load of ash to prep for the overnight load.

So WI is just a slight detour north on the way to IN... he could drop half the load by me, then head over by you...

Freshly cleaned stove with a mid size load of ash to prep for the overnight load.
Wasnt planning on any detours...lol

Starting up the stove top down for a load of sassafras overnight.

Got up to 45 today...thankfully to melt all that freezing rain. Let the stove go out after the morning reload and it stayed 68 all day. Gave it a good once over this afternoon and fired it back up after dinner to warm it up for the overnight load.

Looks like it'll be 21 tonight so just the usual ash, cherry, and maple mix I think. Might only do a 3/4 load as it's still like 35 out now.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

3 degrees right now, just filled a tight load of ash. Going to get up extra early for a reload for the first time this year as it’s supposed to hit -5 in the morning. This is the coldest we’ve had and the heat pump had an error message this morning, hoping it was just the snow/ice buildup on the unit outside but we will see when I take a look at it. Glad I don’t need to worry about it much with the wood stove, in the past I’d be scrambling and paying “emergency service” rates. Backup heat was still working fine when it kicked on briefly this morning too.

Guessing all ash... Wife got up and loaded it, I got up 10 minutes later and could smell paint during! RAN downstairs, stovetop was only 600 but the gates of hell were roaring. Guessing she got the flue a bit hotter than I do. Choked it down, all is good, stovetop only hit about 700. No harm, no foul.

Might be the final nudge to get the flue probe. Are there any that are worthwhile that are reasonably priced? I saw the Auber digital online for about $150 and that's a bit more than I'd like to spend... Is a dial one worth buying?

Guessing all ash... Wife got up and loaded it, I got up 10 minutes later and could smell paint during! RAN downstairs, stovetop was only 600 but the gates of hell were roaring. Guessing she got the flue a bit hotter than I do. Choked it down, all is good, stovetop only hit about 700. No harm, no foul.

Might be the final nudge to get the flue probe. Are there any that are worthwhile that are reasonably priced? I saw the Auber digital online for about $150 and that's a bit more than I'd like to spend... Is a dial one worth buying?
She was just cleaning out the flue, getting any creosote build up from your poor burning habits taken care of...

I bought this Imperial for like $20 or there about.

It was -16 here yesterday morning with some post oak before heading to work. The sun showed its face yesterday and the wind laid down with a high of 16. It waspretty nice really. Today its 13 out with some heavy snow and more post oak going with the wife keepin the home fires burnin for the day.What Is In Your Stove Right Now?