What does "Variable speed" mean on PE Alderlea T5 insert blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Russn77

Jan 20, 2021
North Central Ohio
I'm trying to figure out what this means, maybe I'm overthinking it. On manual setting, how many speeds are there for the blower? Is it like a volume knob for a stereo, where you can increase the speed in small increments? Or more like there are 2 or 3 preset speeds? I'm assuming the same would go then for the automatic temperature-actuated setting as well?

not sure on that stove but on my BK its 0 -100% depending on that knob position. Like a dimable light.

It is on the blaze king line. I would assume that is true on other as well. However I know some don't have this built in but you can achive the same results by using a router speed controller on it.

Reactions: Russn77
Just like the volume knob on your stereo, any setting between minimum and maximum.

Reactions: Russn77