What am I missing on my hearth mount Oslo install?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach B

Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2010
Middle Tennessee
The Jotul should be here next week. I'm going to do a hearth mount and have a 25 foot exterior chimney. The dealer has a $400 flat fee for the install and I'm going to let them do it. I'm going have them put in an insulated 6" SS liner to the top and put on the cap and top block plate. Dealer says they don't include a bottom block off plate with the regular install. The stove will be a blue/black Oslo, short leg kit, with a cooktop. I've also ordered a mantel shield and a stove thermometer. What am I forgetting? BTW, this site has been a tremendous help in the learning process. I've been burning wood for 8 years in a OWB but have learned as much in the last couple of months reading here as the entire time I have been burning in my smoke dragon. Thanks!

Nothing but the seasoned wood and good luck and post some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.