wett certified

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

akafred

Dec 18, 2020
ontario canada
looking to get a napoleon nz2000 zero clearance wett certified and am wondering if i am just wasting money on it.

the hearth is under the specified size. previous homeowner did not have a tape measure.
the mantle is 4" too low (again must not have had tape)
and i am also wondering about the chimney, was reading that some chimneys before 1980 can not be certified, can anyone identify this chimney and provide insight.

i can probably fix the first 2 issues but if i also have to redo the chimney i would rather just replace everything. and get a regular wood stove.

wett certified

Not sure, a sweep may be able to identify the chimney brand. I think Oliver MacCleod was originally specified.