Well, I'm done with it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Snow that is. Got almost 10" of the heaviest, wet, mashed potato chunk snow that I've delt with in the the 20+ years I've been in Colorado. It was heavy even compared to "Sierra Cement", and I have some experience with that also. Sorry, just had to vent. A plus was/is the BKK hasn't let the house drop below 70 °F for the last 24 hrs., off of 10 splits- +2. 12 Splits over a 24 hr. period (all Pine) = me happy. let 'er rip. ;-P

Hey Beet...how's the 13 workin for ya...sorry bout all the snow....no more here in pa....yesterday was nice enough here to lay out in the sun.....tomorrow chilly and rainy...probably build a fire...weird weather this year

I live in the Sierras now and have had plenty of the Sierra cement to shovel this year. I used to live in Colorado at about 8200 feet and miss that nice light snow you can just blow away. Sorry you got some of our Sierra cement. Just had about 2 inches a couple of days ago and tomorrow it's supposed to be almost 70.

Yup, spent a few winters between Tahoe City and Truckee, working at Squaw. I think it was 88 or 89, got about 15' in 3 days. No fun to clear out, that's a real work out.
Gamma, the 13 isn't in yet, probably won't be until late Fall. I'm going to play with it, build a removable oven top and side, water warmer for it.

Hey beet...when you are done mod-in it....can you come over and mod mine too? Sounds like a kick a$$ plan....

Tell you what. If it works, I'll make a copy and you can have it. You'll have to drill 6 holes in the stove with my current idea. But only 2 of them will penetrate the firebox, and they'll be plugged and covered by the firebrick. Whatcha think?

Sounds good....I can work a drill.....thanks...

Beetle-Kill said:
Snow that is. Got almost 10" of the heaviest, wet, mashed potato chunk snow that I've delt with in the the 20+ years I've been in Colorado. It was heavy even compared to "Sierra Cement", and I have some experience with that also. Sorry, just had to vent. A plus was/is the BKK hasn't let the house drop below 70 °F for the last 24 hrs., off of 10 splits- +2. 12 Splits over a 24 hr. period (all Pine) = me happy. let 'er rip. ;-P

You can keep the snow out there, please. As for the pine burning like that, there are plenty of folks who really need to read about that. Oh, the horror of burning pine. Bull! You can show them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.