Weird Smell after cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sucioman

Dec 21, 2021
Michigan
I let my pellet stove sit for a few days and just cleaned out my pellet stove for the first time and now I am getting this awful chemical smell. I let it burn for about an hour and a half but no luck. Should I keep burning until it goes away? Any Ideas?

Make and model? Details on the cleaning?

TBH I am not sure. Warnock Hersey is the Manufacturer. I am not sure of the Make and model as it came with my new home and it does not say on the back. I can see it was made in 2002. I just shop vacced it out and cleaned the glass with a glass cleaner. Not a deep clean.

Darken the room and Use an led flashlight around the piping to check for leaks….first thing I’d do

Last edited: