venting wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now what about still just venting it through ththe ceiling and out the roof.. Could I have a high chimney pipe and then have it supported?
Yeah i have supported 20' of stack freestanding with cables. It would be much better if it could be next to the main roof for ease of installation and maintenance but it could be done freestanding. Why don't you take some pics and measurements and get back to us we will be able to give you allot better advice

Alright cool.. I'll get back to you tomorrow with everything. I just really wanna get this stove installed in the spot we wanna have it and I really think it can be done. Do you mind if I message you tomorrow @bholler

Yeah i have supported 20' of stack freestanding with cables. It would be much better if it could be next to the main roof for ease of installation and maintenance but it could be done freestanding. Why don't you take some pics and measurements and get back to us we will be able to give you allot better advice

Would you mind if I messaged you tomorrow? Sorry I'm still trying to figure things out on my phone on how to use the forum

Alright cool.. I'll get back to you tomorrow with everything. I just really wanna get this stove installed in the spot we wanna have it and I really think it can be done. Do you mind if I message you tomorrow @bholler
No i dont mind at all. But i will tell you sometimes it just is not practical to put a stove in some spots.

Possibly yes. Though code may require the chimney to be chased, not sure.

hey man,

So I am ready to install the stove and I want to consider all options. I can go straight up where the stove is but in order ot do that, I have to go 2 feet past the roof line which would mean I need approximately 18 feet total of triple insulated chimney pipe. That not being my concern, my concern is how the heck am I going to clean that considering it is going to be freestanding support by roof brackets. My second option which I like the sound of is venting it through the wall and into the garage and up the roof. Once in the garage, I think I could offset it to where it could bring me to the 10 feet mark allowing me to only have a couple sections of pipe going out of the roof. Also not to mention it would be a heck of a lot easier to clean be cause I would have accept to eh panel in the garage. You mentioned something about it might having to be chased, which I am not sure what that means. Obviously this set up wouldn't be as straight but it would allow me to not by as much piping and it would give me access to be able to clean the chimney and stove pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.