Used blaze king info and resell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CodyT

Jun 13, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey there, first time here. I moved into a home that has a Blaze King. Can anybody help identify this model? I know it is an older one, but I can't find much info on it.

What is the estimated resale for a unit like this? We have a lot of "no burn" days where I live during the cold months so there would be little to no opportunity to use it much, therefore, I'm thinking of switching to a gas unit.

Used blaze king info and resell

Attachments

• Used blaze king info and resell
    IMG_2826.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,083
    IMG_2827.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,529
    IMG_2828.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 2,134
Last edited by a moderator:
Burn ban in NY only apply to outdoor fires, not heating appliances. Weird.

Sorry, can't help you with resale value on those. Don't see too many come up for sale. I think if you can get $500 for that older King then you are doing good. Just my opinion, others will likely vary.

U
Burn ban in NY only apply to outdoor fires, not heating appliances. Weird.

Sorry, can't help you with resale value on those. Don't see too many come up for sale. I think if you can get $500 for that older King then you are doing good. Just my opinion, others will likely vary.

Unfortunately, living in a valley with bad inversion, will do that. I believe if you can verify that it is your only heating source, they will allow it, but otherwise they won't.

I have seen two on my local classifieds. One is listed as a blaze king princess (but looks identical to mine, which is a king right?) at $425 with only 190 views. The other one is a freestanding stove that looks similar but is priced at $1,450 - it was listed on Sunday and already has almost 1000 views. Seems like a big difference, so if I do sell it, I just want to price it well.

At this time of year in your location I would list it for $250 if the goal is a quick sale. $500 if you have some time and list it as OBO.

At this time of year in your location I would list it for $250 if the goal is a quick sale. $500 if you have some time and list it as OBO.

Thanks for your guidance. I guess I was a little too optimistic about it. Was hoping to get closer to $1,000. It is what it is though. Thanks!

I guess I was a little too optimistic about it. Was hoping to get closer to $1,000.
Yeah not even close to $1000 in this area that would be a $200 to $400 stove at most

The insert appears to be a pre EPA unit our company made. You may wish to verify the legality/illegality of "The exchange of ownership" for uncertified solid fuel devices in your region.

Units such as the one shown are rarely worth much.

One other note, if you live in a stove changeout area, the old unit may help pay for your new gas insert.

Good tip. Check with Breathe Utah to see if there are any currently active programs.