Upgrade stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Nov 5, 2021
Westfield NC
Hey everyone I have a Lopi answer and it has been a good stove but I would like to upgrade. My only problem is that my fireplace measure 25” wide x 24” deep x 24” tall. Almost a perfect square. My house is around 2000 sqf. The stove room has vaulted ceilings in it. But the house in general is very open. I saw the Lopi revere had a little big bigger firebox and would fit in my space. Would I gain much from the answer to the revere? Is there any other inserts that are small widths but have long depths? I have also looked in to bay style insert but the smallest one I saw was 29in such as the Lopi freedom bay.

The Answer is a nice medium sized insert, but it is hard to load full due to concerns about the wood rolling up against the glass. The good news is that you may be able to install an insert that has a deeper firebox that will permit N/S loading. The PE Super LE insert could fit with a little grinding of the front opening bricks. It's 25 1/4" wide at the front but tapers down to 22 1/4" at the back.

The Answer is a nice medium sized insert, but it is hard to load full due to concerns about the wood rolling up against the glass. The good news is that you may be able to install an insert that has a deeper firebox that will permit N/S loading. The PE Super LE insert could fit with a little grinding of the front opening bricks. It's 25 1/4" wide at the front but tapers down to 22 1/4" at the back.
Right and that’s what I was looking at with the Revere being a N/S loader. But the Lopi answer is a 1.5 cu ft 66,200 btu and the revere is 2.2 cu ft. 72,400 btu. Is there going to be that much of a noticeable difference in those stoves?

With the Answer one can only load to about 1.2 cu ft. before worrying about wood falling up against the glass. Loading N/S means a fuller firebox. More fuel = more heat. Therefore the Revere will essentially be adding 1 cu ft more wood capacity.

With the Answer one can only load to about 1.2 cu ft. before worrying about wood falling up against the glass. Loading N/S means a fuller firebox. More fuel = more heat. Therefore the Revere will essentially be adding 1 cu ft more wood capacity.
Okay great I just wonder how much difference I will see in upgrading to that size

There should be a notable improvement in burn time length and heat output.