Universal surround kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nickyv0021

Oct 17, 2023
Independence Kentucky
In the next week or two I am going to be installing an older wood insert that's been converted over for a liner.

I have everything I need for the installation other than a surround kit. I've been trying to find something online but everything seems specific to a certain make and model insert.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of a 3 sided universal surround kit? I am having absolutely no luck.

Thanks!

The solution may be to install the insert with no surround, or to have one custom cut at a sheet metal shop. A custom surround can be inset from the face of the fireplace instead of on the face by mounting some angle iron aroud the perimeter to attach to.

Great idea to reach out to a local sheet metal shop. I took them some measurements and they knocked it out of the park! Best of all they only charged me $50.

Since this picture it has been painted black. Thanks again for the suggestion!

IMG_20231210_180117070.jpg

Reactions: begreen