Uh oh. Harman 3 blink status.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
New ESP installed this AM. Seems to be running normally so far :)
..... the burning question is...after the ESP replacement did you let the igniter light it or use your torch??!! Sorry...couldn't resist.

..... the burning question is...after the ESP replacement did you let the igniter light it or use your torch??!! Sorry...couldn't resist.

After it was replaced, the stove was lit using auto ignite..BUT, it was the DEALER who did it, while the DDM was still plugged in ;)

I promptly switched it back to manual as soon as he left :p

Strangely, the stove starting acting up the same day I used the auto ignite for the first time, lol. I think I insulted it by not using the torch.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Dumb question what is an ESP?

I just got a p68 and am new to the pellet lingo.

Exhaust Sensing Probe. Measures exhaust temp. It basically tells the board how and if the stove is burning in order for it to best manage the stove's components for the users desired results.

Found it...ESP= Exhaust Sensing Probe. It's located in the exhaust , and monitos the exhaust temperature...

Got Ya...

I have my stove set on room temperature with the Auto ignition on.

May I ask why you lite yours manually if the ingniter has a 3 years warrenty?

Got Ya...

I have my stove set on room temperature with the Auto ignition on.

May I ask why you lite yours manually if the ingniter has a 3 years warrenty?

I don't know, I'm weird like that. Having a P38 for so long, (no auto ignite anyway) I just got used to lighting it manually. With a torch, it's VERY easy and much faster than using auto ignite. Also, with the lower heat output of the 38, the stove was almost always required during the heating season. There were days when it would overheat my house on idle, but they were generally few and far between. It was a little stove in a fairly good size house so it was always running. Now that I have considerably more HP, setting the stove on auto ignite will likely be a necessity, as the effective idle output on the 68 seems to be much greater. I suppose I'll get used to the stove doing its own thing, but I think I'll always feel like I'm taking the lazy route. Ya, I know, tapped. Hey, at least I'm not hand feeding the pellets ==c

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
In my short experience with the Harman p68.... If you had to hand feed it; it would be a 24/7 ordeal! This thing is hot and hungry!

I can't believe I waited this long to get one. This thing is awesome!

Reactions: P38X2
Status
Not open for further replies.