Traditions T300P-2 $500? good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogerman

Mar 10, 2014
USA
Just found a like new Traditions™ T300P-2 in cream enamel for $500.
Is that a good deal? I have a new modern house that gets 17f or less at night in the winter.
We run up $500 in heating 3 months a year.

The seller said he had it in a 4000sf home and was not big enough thats why he removed it.

My house is around 2400sf but the top floor is closed and the bottom floor is a "Great room" with two smaller rooms and a cathedral ceiling.

It looks brand new, the seller is worth millions so I have no reason to think he is lying.
Plus I know I can get my money back if its dead but im very handy and actually want this to run like crazy.

ITS COLLLLD AT NIGHT!!!

Forgot tl mention is not an insert its stand alone and it comes with a blower, or some metal fan that was sitting on the top. Last I checked the blower fan was $179 by its self.

The agent of the owner of the stove said he was sure it cost $3700 when new and man it looks unused! It looks brand new!

Sounds like a good deal if it functions properly... put it through its paces before you buy. Get a copy of the manual on-line to review before and search here to see if there are any red flags for problems. Any idea what year it was manufactured and how much was burned? Worst you would be out would be one month heating cost and if it runs well, you recoup that quickly...

If you get it, best to clean internal exhaust pathways (compressed air helps!) before you bring it in the house. Is the fan to replace one on the stove or an additional fan for air movement.

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.