Tops off to the Fireview and a question too

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
Since we are having a warm spell and we're not burning I took the time to give the stove a good cleaning. I took the top off, cleaned the cat and vacuumed the fly ash out of the upper chamber. Everything looks great. I did notice some darkening on the edge where the top meets the stove just past the gasket. It looks like smoke stains and stops before it would exit around the stove top. I have no smoke coming out of the top and the gasket is still clean with no stains. It's not all the way around just in a couple of places. I'm thinking the gasket is depressed more in this location than in others.

I'm just curious if the other Fireview owners see something similar.

f v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending content