Today it snowed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
Today officially made this the hottest month in history here. Not just this month. Any month in history. And the seven to ten day forecast looks like we are going to make a start on a new one.

i was out towards Chantilly yesterday on my motorcycle. I went to the National Gun show. It wasn't too bad going out there in mid morning, but coming back the thermometers on my bike were reading a little high...around 100 -110 depending if i was moving or stopped in that God-awful traffin in Northern VA either side of the beltway. Just don't know how they do it there...even on a Saturday the traffic sucked!. I couldn't take that. Heat here in southern maryland where i am isn't as bad as uptown because we have the bay, but it does add to the humidity. The other day it was 108 with heat indix in the 130's. Needless to say I stayed inside in the air condidioning. Too old and too many ailments to be dealing with bad air. hope it gets cooled off soon so i can get my wood stacked. Have about 4 cord to finish putting into the shed. guess being outside helps it dry right now.

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.