Timing of Lopi insert for zero clearance fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

triceps

Nov 8, 2023
Sierra Nevada
Hi, on the fence over whether to try to hold out and wait for a manufacturer approved insert for my zero clearance fireplace, or move ahead with ripping out the zero clearance and installing a freestanding stove in an alcove.

Does anyone have any insights or realistic estimations of when / whether an insert from Lopi or another manufacturer that is both:

a) eligible for the California woodsmoke reduction program voucher and

b) also eligible for the biomass tax credit

might be approved for install?

More background here:

Thank you.

Hi, on the fence over whether to try to hold out and wait for a manufacturer approved insert for my zero clearance fireplace, or move ahead with ripping out the zero clearance and installing a freestanding stove in an alcove.

Does anyone have any insights or realistic estimations of when / whether an insert from Lopi or another manufacturer that is both:

a) eligible for the California woodsmoke reduction program voucher and

b) also eligible for the biomass tax credit

might be approved for install?

More background here:

Thank you.
What is the make and model of your fireplace

Majestic THULMAN. I believe the L42A model. Photo of manual and current fireplace attached.

As @begreen mentioned in the above thread:

"The fireplace seems to be a Majestic version of the heatform fireplace style with heat convection around the entire firebox. I'm not seeing any insert caveats in the manual."
https://www.hansenwholesale.com/media/images/fireplaces/manuals/Majestic_L.pdf

Timing of Lopi insert for zero clearance fireplace? Timing of Lopi insert for zero clearance fireplace?