Timber Ridge 2400 sq ft VS Drolet Escape 1800

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I thought we were sold at the Drolet 1800 ($1250), but along comes the TimberRidge 2400 on clearance for $850. I've seen the Timber Ridge/Englander heavily discussed and favourited so now I'm torn.
With the exception of one room above the garage our home is well insulated, approx 2300sq ft with propane furnace. Wood stove will share the home heating load and be our outage back-up. Thanks

If this is the 50 SSW02 be sure to grab a 24" level and put it up against the front opening of the stove and then all edges of the door. There have been too many complaints about door sealing on this model last year to feel comfortable recommending it. If you want to go large the for the big Drolets, keep your eye out for a good sale on an Austral/Baltic/Myriad III or the HT3000.

I just realized there's a huge difference in the manufacturer's warranty.

Spent most of the day looking for in-stock Drolet stoves. Most places are factory ordered and aren't shipping until mid-December. I was pretty stoked to find an Escape in-stock.

Level is important, hubs is a craftsman, out of level is a sin. Thanks for that @begreen

If this is the 50 SSW02 be sure to grab a 24" level and put it up against the front opening of the stove and then all edges of the door. There have been too many complaints about door sealing on this model last year to feel comfortable recommending it. If you want to go large the for the big Drolets, keep your eye out for a good sale on an Austral/Baltic/Myriad III or the HT3000.

looks like its the 32-NC

That's the 30NC replacement which has a better track record. I think we have seen one installed so far this year. It's a big stove and if it stands up like its predecessor it should be a good one. The price is nice.

Blessed CT doesn't list the specific model... what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Timber Ridge 2400 sq ft VS Drolet Escape 1800
    Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 7.13.58 PM.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 298
Slightly different in appearance and price, but titled as the same model

** appears to be the 50 TRW06

Attachments

• Timber Ridge 2400 sq ft VS Drolet Escape 1800
    Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 7.18.33 PM.png
    372.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Blessed CT doesn't list the specific model... what are your thoughts?
I'd be calling on this one and get it reserved if interested. Go to the store and give is a careful review for missing parts or cosmetic damage. If all is ok, it's a good deal. If the issues are minor, haggle a bit. They want to clear it out. If you don't like it then you can walk away.

I've been reading as much as I can since I posted my question. On average it seems the Drolet is worth the extra bucks.
Thanks to CT's online system I currently "own" both and can weed through specs and reviews stress-free while I choose one

The NC30 is well respected with a good following. Is the Drolet HT2000 still available in ON? If so it's a great stove as would the new Drolet HT3000. None of these have had performance or quality issues reported here that I am aware of. Food for thought in comparison.

The NC30 is well respected with a good following. Is the Drolet HT2000 still available in ON? If so it's a great stove as would the new Drolet HT3000. None of these have had performance or quality issues reported here that I am aware of. Food for thought in comparison.

Hi, @moresnow Canada does still have the HT2000 and 3000, although the factory isn't shipping until mid-Dec. I've been chasing in stock stoves. Part 2 - while spec reading (I know, but its all we've got) we thought the HT's were too much stove for our home. This how I landed on the escape 1800.

ETA: we're entirely spray foamed, with the exception of one room, and it will be done in the spring.

Reactions: moresnow
Gotcha. Where will the stove be located? Main floor or basement?

Both are really good heaters, will operate the same, and you will not have quality issues. The 2000 has a larger firebox for more output and longer burn times. SBI has great customer support and they stand behind their products.