Thoughts on replacing insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If you're looking to keep the cost down and do it yourself, check out drolet and englander/summers heat stoves from lowes and home depot. Lots of people on here own those stoves.

The fire box seems small on the inserts. Kinda looking for a larger unit with longer burn times and accepting larger logs.
Well yes they can only go so big with stoves designed to slide inside a fireplace. And with your budget the options are limited.

Okay so if I opened the budget to 2500 to 3k just for the stove what are my options. I found a osburn. I'd like to find a lightly used one. Willing to travel have been looking far and wide.

Thoughts on replacing insert
I like this style big window

I've seen pre EPA inserts for sale as well. I guess the bottom line I was trying to get across is are there any stoves that stand out as far as heating reliability. I don't mind changing parts door seals blowers ect.. I've seen alot of "lopi" that the wife likesthe look of

I've seen pre EPA inserts for sale as well. I guess the bottom line I was trying to get across is are there any stoves that stand out as far as heating reliability. I don't mind changing parts door seals blowers ect.. I've seen alot of "lopi" that the wife likesthe look of
Like I said, EPA stoves have several advantages. Lopi is a quality stove, as a rule. A couple of the newer ones had some issues, though, IIRC.

Reactions: Mack122