Thoughts on baffle? Looks like it got pretty hot inside.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

ShaneMac

Sep 28, 2021
Ontario
I'm looking to replace my regency F3500 with a PE Super 27. My new cold weather heat pump is working better then expected so don't run the F3500 as much as I would like but when I do it tends not to have a pretty fire which I'm looking for. As a primary heater it worked great and would spread the heat out of the burn time as expected. I'm at point now I want to go down to basement put a fire on for the evening and see the flame. Looking at used burners mostly and saw this one come up. What are your thoughts on this baffle? The middle looks pretty saggy.
[Hearth.com] Thoughts on baffle?  Looks like it got pretty hot inside.

I have an older P.E. insert, it looks very similar inside. Mine is more beaten than that one and it still works good my angles that hold the baffle up are also "well used". For a used stove I would just want to know that it will for sure pass any inspections that it needs to. I would think an inspector might get a little more picky with a used stove. I quite like our P.E. and would definitely buy another.