Things That Go Bump in the Night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northern NH Mike

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2008
Northern NH
Anyone on the NH/VT/ME/NY area catch the weird noise last night (10/20/23) sometime around 8:00 pm. Mount Washington Observatory posted about it on Facebook. Here in Whitefield, NH heard a deep thumping and rumble. Thought it was the neighbor's kid driving driving down the road with a big diesel pickup with loud exhaust and a bass tube, but it lasted longer than that and lacked the typical doppler effect of a vehicle driving by. Definitely wasn't the same as the NH National Guard Blackhawk or the F-35s out of Burlington.

It didn't have an aircraft quality to it. Opinions on the Mt Washington site seems to lean toward a meteorite coming through from the Orionid shower that is happening. Mother Nature surprises us with some strange happenings once in a while.

I saw that on the MWO FB page. I'm in southern NH, so didn't hear/feel anything. Didn't see anything on the news either. I think it is a government coverup on aliens ;)

Maybe time to line your hat with tin foil?::-)

I heard and felt a small bump last night around 7:40. 3.2 earthquake about 30 miles away.