The price is right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
Just discovered I have Price is Right channel, showing vintage episodes. Just happened to throw it on as I’m loading my stove, episode probably from 1980 or 81- I hear that the announcer calls out “A new wood stove”!! I look up and see what looks like a wood insert. No glass door, the thing looked downright scary. Not sure of brand, I couldn’t rewind. The stove, along with pretty much everything else in the show really showed how much things have changed since then.

I was driving my 73 Buick century at the time. What a tank. 12mpg. Had a pollution control "belt driven air pump" for exhaust reburn. Neighbor said, just pull that belt off, you don't need that.

Last edited:
Barkers babes?

I've seen the advertisements for the Price is Right channel. In one episode they show a Chevy Chevette as a prize. 'Nuff said.