The Elm Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
Well I've got my eye on a new stove. It's pre EPA design with secondary burn added. I personally think its the most beautiful stove ever. I did a search here but didn't turn much up. Not asking what anyone thinks just wondering if anyone on the forum has one and would like to share their thoughts.

Sorry, I couldn't help but commenting on this. I share the opinion on the Elm stoves. They are so unique. The beauty of the stove is truly unmatched because of it's different design and attention to detail. The fact that they now have secondary burners added is a major plus. Doesn't he also retrofit a catalytic converter in addition to a secondary burn tube into some of the stoves? I've seen his videos on U Tube. But I'd love to see one in action in person! Good luck and keep us posted.

I had a talk with Steve last week. Not the spec one out talk but just the curiousity talk. I'm really glad he decided to rejuvenate the Elm because I imagine finding a used one would be next to impossible. He answered all my questions and spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone even though I didn't committ to an order. That tells me he is pationate about this product. Can you imagine how many calls he must get from people since he put his # on the website. Anyway I told him it would take me a monnth or 2 to get the coin together but I intend to own an Elm and hopefully before the heating season is over.

He seems to really love what he does. That is very rare to find, it's a special situation. I hope all goes well and you end up with one. Send us some pics!

Thanks for your post. I just spent some happy time on the Elm website. That is one beautiful stove, and it's a pleasure to watch a craftsman.

Now, if they only made a thermostatically controlled hybrid/cat model with a 4 cubic foot firebox, soapstone and 48 hour burns. But I'm being picky, since nobody does. :)

Frickin' beautiful stove. Yes pics please--with that lovely window glowing.

VCBurner said:
Sorry, I couldn't help but commenting on this. I share the opinion on the Elm stoves. They are so unique. The beauty of the stove is truly unmatched because of it's different design and attention to detail. The fact that they now have secondary burners added is a major plus. Doesn't he also retrofit a catalytic converter in addition to a secondary burn tube into some of the stoves? I've seen his videos on U Tube. But I'd love to see one in action in person! Good luck and keep us posted.

VC... contact him by email via his site and make an appointment to drive up there.
Montpelier is not too far. Beautiful spot where he lives.
Steve a wealth of info and maybe if it's cold enough I'm sure he'll demo one of the stoves in his shop for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.