The Big Pine is DOWN!!!!! with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I split as soon as possible after I cut. I've got this thing about completing a task before moving on to another one. Drives my wife crazy!
Ditto. It's a constant battle, here.

I have always been told not to burn pine
Crazy.....it burns well and many of us only burn pine. Silly crazy talk that tells you not to believe everything you hear

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
That was what I was thinking, the quicker hotter fires when needed, or when something just does not want to burn for whatever reason...
I know that most of our house was built out of heart pine, and the fire dept. around here said if we caught fire, they would whip out the marshmellows, cause there would be no putting it out. Maybe part of my skepticism on burning pine...

Or maybe you might want to up your fire insurance since I wouldn't have too much faith in your local fire department. ;) :)

I already have hair on my palms, caused by something else though :p

Splitting wood vertically with a hydraulic splitter? ;) I've heard that can cause the same condition. :)

I split as soon as possible after I cut. I've got this thing about completing a task before moving on to another one. Drives my wife crazy!

I have the opposite problem. I start a project and then it leads to another and another to the point I'm allocating a little bit to each in a day. My wife would rather me complete one then move on to the next.

Silly crazy talk that tells you not to believe everything you hear

How true. And silly me, getting onto people who believe everything they read on the internet. No reflection on anything here, I am referencing different webpages that are supposed to be supplying info on different subjects.

I have always found the forums have good info, from good people, and tend to trust what I read here, more than I would where someone is trying to sale something.

According to this forum burn away. Just make sure it is dry.
Pine is a lot easier to find, and split. Splitting pecan and Oak is a chore. The pecan can be downright cantankerous. We have been widdling on a two hundred year old Oak that got ill, and when you see sparks coming off the ax, you know that is some hard wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.