Stove recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That looks like a nice open space for the main living area. A good-sized insert with a blower to move air should really help. It’s nice that the chimney is interior.
Thanks...I wish it was more centered but can't move it.....the prior owners had way more walls breaking up a seperate dining and seperate den and living room. The original den was only 10ft wide by 17ft which probably would have not been good for a stove.

An interior fireplace chimney is a blessing, for me.

The brick holds heat & releases it slowly. A blessing in really cold weather, and you're pulling over time ;)

Reactions: Rhodie
Thanks for all the info guys!

I think I'm going to stick with my original choice the Buck 74 as an insert with a blower. Only complaint I've heard from others is the blower is loud. Maybe it won't be too bad.

The 74 probably uses the same varibable-speed blower as the 91 I ran. On low, it wasn't too bad, and low is all you need. The stove was in a room maybe 10x20, so that tended to concentrate blower noise.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
The 74 probably uses the same varibable-speed blower as the 91 I ran. On low, it wasn't too bad, and low is all you need. The stove was in a room maybe 10x20, so that tended to concentrate blower noise.

Hopefully so. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Having the ability to turn it up is great if u need to cool the stove or really trying to push the heat but i only ever use it on low on my 74 and it isnt loud at all. On high....yes it is loud but i just consider that a trade off for moving more air. Trey g your house layout is pretty similar to mine and would guess your average winter is warmer than mine and i think your gunna be happy with your choice. I think this stove will heat for you better than u think. You will probably have to put fan in hall doorway from bedrooms to blow toward stove to help create a loop and pull heat to bedrooms. This also helps cool stoveroom if it gets too warm. Good luck with the 74 if you for sure go that route. I think u will be happy with it.