Stove Recommendations with the Best Ash Removal???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandor said:
My god no! I had the same pain in the ass system in my Regency.

Funny how different people can look at the same thing and have totally oposite reactions. I agree with you, the "ash hole" system looks like a total pain in the butt to me (no pun intended). I would much rather have the open grate system with sealed ash pan door below. The ash falls down on its own, and you can remove it easily with little effort, even when the stove is burning.

NY Soapstone said:
Warren said:
Gasp..Hey Spike...somthin wrong with the Summit!!!! Naa...must have been bad light in the photo...

I noticed a little black in the lower corners of the glass :)

Just out of curiosity...How often do you have to clean the glass on er?

Yea, I noticed that too once... something you'll never see on a Woodstock. One of the best airwash/insulated glass systems on the market.

This happened all the time on a home depot special in a house we rented while ours was being built - only took a day or two on there and was hell to clean so we just lived with it.

-Colin
I'm sure they are Colin ..........Well , Expept maybe this one .

Attachments

• Stove Recommendations with the Best Ash Removal???
    woodstockchuck.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 265
Roospike - let me clarify - can't happen burning correctly using decent wood. I've used some real garbage wood and still haven't managed to get soot, but I'm sure it can be done if you're an idiot about it.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt assuming that as all good hearth.com users, you are actually burning dry wood in your stove - in which case the result you show of severe soot buildup is rather disappointing. Can't vouch for how others burn their units...

-Colin

ps - of course if you're really trying to push the burn times and getting poor secondary combustion, then that would explain your results even w/good wood...

NY Soapstone said:
Roospike - let me clarify - can't happen burning correctly using decent wood. I've used some real garbage wood and still haven't managed to get soot, but I'm sure it can be done if you're an idiot about it.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt assuming that as all good hearth.com users, you are actually burning dry wood in your stove - in which case the result you show of severe soot buildup is rather disappointing. Can't vouch for how others burn their units...

-Colin

ps - of course if you're really trying to push the burn times and getting poor secondary combustion, then that would explain your results even w/good wood...

No , the burn time are normal for this stove and poor secondary combustion is not an issue.
I used 3.7 cords of wood last winter to heat 100% with wood so i would say everything is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.