Stainless Steel Chimney Pipe to Super vent Converter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thundermonkey

Nov 8, 2023
Central Ohio
After picking a wood stove (Jotul F45) to put in my house, I'm now working out the details of my stove install.

I have a small fireplace that we plan to rear vent into from my understanding, there will go into a T, and then run metal double wall chimney liner in the brick chimney. My chimney cuts off in the attic, so I would need a converter place to make the switch.

Here's the kicker. I'm planning to use my local fireplace installers (insurance purposes). I also have supervent brand class A chimney pipe, enough to do the entire job. they claim they can't get a pipe adapter to make the switch to my brand of pipe (otherwise they told me they would use it). However, I found I could get this shipped in. I have all the other parts to exit the roof, so this would save me about 2 to 3K from the installer estimate
https://www.lowes.com/pd/SuperVent-...ipe-Adapter/1002787192?user=shopping&feed=yes
Is this part the right one or am I making a mistake or not understanding?

Ideally I would like for them to use my existing SuperVent Piping since I have it laying around.

Thanks in advance.

Chimney pipe is not typically used inside of the masonry chimney. Insulate stainless liner is what is used. Is this what is being configured?

EDIT: No, that is not the right adapter to attach to the masonry chimney stub in the attic.

Last edited:
That isn’t really for this application. It’s called an anchor plate typically, it’s used to attach chimney to high efficiency zero clearance appliances. The piece you need would need a longer male piece on the bottom side and a band clamp to secure the liner. If I’m remembering right anyway. @bholler would know.

That isn’t really for this application. It’s called an anchor plate typically, it’s used to attach chimney to high efficiency zero clearance appliances. The piece you need would need a longer male piece on the bottom side and a band clamp to secure the liner. If I’m remembering right anyway. @bholler would know.
You're right, my bad. Corrected above. I don't find any adapter listed in the SuperVent catalog for this application. Other pipe manufactures do have them.

You're right, my bad. Corrected above. I don't find any adapter listed in the SuperVent catalog for this application. Other pipe manufactures do have them.
Okay, well... stupid question but, is it legal to run Class A pipe through a masonry chimney instead of a liner since they don't make a converter piece?

The chimney is 9x13 ... would the masonry count as a fire break?
I have plenty of pipe to make it up through the whole house... I just wouldn't want to break code, and this sounds like something that might do that...

Okay, well... stupid question but, is it legal to run Class A pipe through a masonry chimney instead of a liner since they don't make a converter piece?

I have plenty of pipe to make it up through the whole house... I just wouldn't want to break code, and this sounds like something that might do that...
Additionaly, I see "SuperPro" parts sometimes fit with Super Vent

I seriously doubt you will fit a 6" class A chimney through a small rectangle liner.