Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an EP-3E. I work on them and get to fly them every now and again. I also work on the P-3C's.
I was flying this one pretty much the entire way from Guam to Japan.

SplitterSplitterSplitter Make your own for under two thousand and it can full cycle in under 8-10 sec splitting 12-16 inch curly yellow birch 95% of the time, just make sur you get a big enough hyd tank cuz it'll get hott, 16-20gpm 2 stage pump, and a good cylinder( big ram,big rod). This was when I had a 2 cyl wisconsin tjd before it ate a crank bearing forcing me to downsize 7 hp to a 1 cyl 11hp b&s i/c losing 1 sec each way on the stroke.

Absolute most splitter $2K is going to buy would be the Iron & Oak BHVH2609 with Briggs Vanguard power. I'd spring for the Subaru engine (+$80) and the log dislodger (+$70), skip the log table.

$2,271.94 shipped to your door with liftgate service. Drop $125 off that if you have a forklift in the garage. ;)

http://www.buyacehardware.com/26-ton-log-splitter-robin.html

It is an EP-3E. I work on them and get to fly them every now and again. I also work on the P-3C's.
I was flying this one pretty much the entire way from Guam to Japan.

cool, I thought it may have been a P-3, I assume that EP-3 is from VQ-1? Used to see them all the time when I was in Atsugi Japan, I used to party with some of the spooks (CT's) that flew on them.

Never said it was a record. But, I would bet splitter still has less than 40 hours on it max. I think that is pretty fast splitting.

I run about a cord an hour depending on whats being spitt, So that right about on target with a lot of splitters.

cool, I thought it may have been a P-3, I assume that EP-3 is from VQ-1? Used to see them all the time when I was in Atsugi Japan, I used to party with some of the spooks (CT's) that flew on them.

I was in VQ-2 up here but we decommissioned in May and I just went across the hanger to VQ-1.

I spent most of this morning splitting with mine. Had to tighten the hose clamp on the low pressure return line from the valve, don't want that line blowing off right in your face!

We get a dels circular here with the junk mail. Also it's a small town with two dels stores and I buy chicken feed there often enough to scout for when the deals are coming.

Once you blow through any rounds you have, you'll be foaming at the mouth for more.

Picked up the Huskee 22 ton this morning!!
Nice.....enjoy, you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner. Someone did tell me to try to not tow it too much being the Axle is part of the tank, and may be prone to cracks/leaks if towed often, and over rough terrian.....not sure if it's true, but does make sense

Nice.....enjoy, you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner. Someone did tell me to try to not tow it too much being the Axle is part of the tank, and may be prone to cracks/leaks if towed often, and over rough terrian.....not sure if it's true, but does make sense

If nothing else with such a short wheel base and small tires and no suspension just driving it from place to place is sure to be hard on the unit . . . my own splitter (a MTD) doesn't travel often, but when it does I ask for folks to load it into a trailer rather than hooking on and hauling it.

If nothing else with such a short wheel base and small tires and no suspension just driving it from place to place is sure to be hard on the unit . . . my own splitter (a MTD) doesn't travel often, but when it does I ask for folks to load it into a trailer rather than hooking on and hauling it.

I am going to get some ramps and either trailer it or it will go in the bed.

I am going to get some ramps and either trailer it or it will go in the bed.

I mounted a 2 inch ball in my tralier just load it and drop it on the ball. BamB done! (I also have a reese hitch on the back of my tralier) Once the wood is loaded it can ride home on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.