Small Friday night scrounge. What is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
picked this small load of mixed wood up after work on Friday. I generally take all wood and if its good, i burn in side, if its bad, its burnt outside when i'm burning off or having a bon fire.

Small Friday night scrounge.  What is it?

Does anyone have any clues as to what I picked up?...thanks

Birch & cottonwood.
I think I see some evergreen (pine) in there too.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
HH where are you from, Melbourne???

I see possibly red oak,birch and pine.

HH where are you from, Melbourne???

Yep, from Melbourne Australia. Well, to be exact, i live 50 km east of Melbourne in the Dandenong ranges. Its semi rural, although my work mates would argue its completely rural and totally removed. haha.

Thanks for the heads up on the wood too. I'm thinking i might put this wood aside for when friends are over and we are having drinks around the outside fire!!

Reactions: Defiant
The big round front and center looks like hardwood. I'm thinking that those that said oak were referring to that one, the one behind it, and the one to the right. I, in my noobness thought it was hard maple. Either way, I'd consider that "inside wood". The white stuff looks like birch, and the rest I have no clue, but it looks fast growing. So throw that stuff in the bonfire pile and the rest in the "inside wood" pile :)

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Status
Not open for further replies.