Should i buy a used blaze king or a new pe summit please help!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cory

Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2010
North Dakota
I was thinking of buying a new pe summit wood stove, but I found a used blaze king for $500.00. First off, my question is would the blaze king work properly with a 30 ft 6 in ss rigid liner for draft? I don't know much about a cat stove, so could there be anything major to fix besides the new cat? Or should I just invest in the new pe summit? All the help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Should i buy a used blaze king or a new pe summit please help!!!!!!!!
    blaze king.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,099
In the first place that looks like one of the old Blaze King non-cat stoves. Do you know for a fact it is a cat stove?

Im not sure if it is a cat stove or not but will call the guy tomarrow if it isnt i dont want it.

cory said:
Im not sure if it is a cat stove or not but will call the guy tomarrow if it isnt i dont want it.

.....And while you are on the phone with him, ask if it has a 6" or 8" flue collar.
Is it the King or the Princess?

Jimbob said:
cory said:

.....And while you are on the phone with him, ask if it has a 6" or 8" flue collar.
Is it the King or the Princess?

It looks like the 302 before they became royalty.

Jimbob it is an 8''. And also i enjoyed reading your post on the pe summit my first chioce

BrotherBart i Think your right on it not having a cat. But i will still call thanks

i have that one and its a awesome heater, mine dont have teh window tho.. it does have a huge firebox 8" pipe and a hunger for lotsa wood.. i would buy it for 500$ anyhow. thats a decent deal on one of them, they go like hotcakes around here.

cory said:
Jimbob it is an 8''. And also i enjoyed reading your post on the pe summit my first chioce

Glad to help. :)
I would go with the Summit, especially being you already have a 6" chimney. The Summit will burn longer than a BK non-cat too, I would think.

Same stove that i had for 24 years..non cat.
Though that one might have one.
If it was me I would only buy a epa stove with a cat or maybe secondary burn tubes...they are just that much better imo.

HotCoals said:
Same stove that i had for 24 years..non cat.
Though that one might have one.
If it was me I would only buy a epa stove with a cat or maybe secondary burn tubes...they are just that much better imo.

+1

I called the guy and it is not a cat stove. But i had wishfull thinking Thaks for all the help. I will go with the pe summit

That would be my choice too, good move.

the PE will be easier on the eyes than the BK, also ;-)

Jimbob said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

Oh boy!.....I'm gonna go make some popcorn! :lol:

No worries Jimbob. The frenzy about BK stoves seemed to get kinda quiet when they actually had to crank'em up to heat the house when it got cold. I was patiently waiting.

BrotherBart said:
Jimbob said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

No worries Jimbob. The frenzy about BK stoves seemed to get kinda quiet when they actually had to crank'em up to heat the house when it got cold. I was patiently waiting.

Ya, its a pain in the arse for us BK owners on this forum removing our gloves to type in a response for BB. :coolgrin: LOL
By the way........it does help if your house is insulated and under 3000sq ft.
Cheers!

north of 60 said:
BrotherBart said:
Jimbob said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

Ya, its a pain in the arse for us BK owners on this forum removing our gloves to type in a response for BB. :coolgrin: LOL
By the way........it does help if your house is insulated and under 3000sq ft.
Cheers!

Yes Sir, I'm really getting tired of loading the stove once every 24 hours and it being so cold in the house.
Crap while I was typing it dropped from 76°F to 75°F. :coolcheese:

Insulation and sealing rule Hiram.

BeGreen said:
Insulation and sealing rule Hiram.

Yes they do BeGreen!

What an absolute amazing difference. :)
I'm actually going to slowly do more as time and money permits.
My plan is to inject all my exterior walls with Open cell foam and insulate my basement/crawlspace walls/rim joists.
Cheers,Hiram

Status
Not open for further replies.