Saddle Tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oy, well I guess no worries about insurance then. This is entirely against code. I am stepping out of this thread.

We guys are focused on safe and legal installations with an understanding that others will be reading these threads in the future. You are certainly welcome to do whatever in your own home, but that's where it ends.

Reactions: stoveliker
We guys are focused on safe and legal installations with an understanding that others will be reading these threads in the future. You are certainly welcome to do whatever in your own home, but that's where it ends.
that is fine. however I think the forum harassment by two over zealous mods is way over the top

There is no harassment, just adherence to safe, code approved installations.

it works, and the side never heats up to where I can't put my hand on it. you need to stop stalking me and relax, mod
No I need to make sure anyone reading this knows the way you installed your insert is very dangerous. How did you connect insulated class a to an insert inside a prefab fireplace that most likely had an air cooled chimney on it?

yes, but you are not the authority to tell me what to do in my home. you can advise me, but beyond that point, there are boundaries
Absolutely we can't tell you what to do. But as a professional I am obligated to tell you the dangers of your setup. As well as make sure everyone else knows this isn't a safe way to install an insert.

Reactions: marty319
Status
Not open for further replies.