Removing Door Handle LOPI 1750i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

keving12

Jan 13, 2013
I want to replace the washers between door handle cam and door. After removing nut, cannot get cam to come off. Tried rubber mallet. Any suggestions?

I want to replace the washers between door handle cam and door. After removing nut, cannot get cam to come off. Tried rubber mallet. Any suggestions?

I made a small puller that would couple to the cam and pull it off. Very simple, two carriage bolts, one hex head bolt a few nuts and a small bar 5/16" thick with a tapped hole and (2) thru holes. After using this puller I discovered you can tap all (3) holes and use one nut on the carriage bolts as a jamb nut to hold the carriage bolt in place and from turning. If your cam is anything like mine on my Liberty this puller will work like a charm...........

I did edit this with some pictures and the PDF.......

Post some pictures.......

Craig

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Removing Door Handle LOPI 1750i
    100_1798.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 630
  • [Hearth.com] Removing Door Handle LOPI 1750i
    100_1799.webp
    129.9 KB · Views: 571
  • Lopi Door Cam Puller.pdf
    Lopi Door Cam Puller.pdf
    780.9 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: Heatsource
I made a small puller that would couple to the cam and pull it off. Very simple, two carriage bolts, one hex head bolt a few nuts and a small bar 5/16" thick with a tapped hole and (2) thru holes. After using this puller I discovered you can tap all (3) holes and use one nut on the carriage bolts as a jamb nut to hold the carriage bolt in place and from turning. If your cam is anything like mine on my Liberty this puller will work like a charm...........

I did edit this with some pictures and the PDF.......

Post some pictures.......

Craig
Thanks,Craig. Will try, great illustration.

Thanks. Gonna try torch. Then penetrating oil if that doesn't work and if all else fails will try puller. I don't have tap & die set or a means to cut flat stock, but have a good friend who is a welder/fabricator.

Status
Not open for further replies.