Regency Wood Insert Identification Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HWarmfor the winter

Jun 6, 2024
Canada
Regency Wood Insert Identification HelpRegency Wood Insert Identification HelpRegency Wood Insert Identification HelpHello,

I recently purchased a new home with a Regency wood insert that was smoking alot and airflow seemed to be the issue. I swept the 5" flexible stainless steel liner with a poly brush and found that the bottom 3 feet of pipe were rusted and the pipe was coming apart at the seams. I'm in the process of replacing the flexible liner so I tried to identify the stove by looking at online manuals. I removed the fan to look at the sticker but it's damaged with age and the only information I can see is that it's a Regency and that it was manufactured in 1996. I think I have a Regency I2100M but I'm hoping you can help me confirm. If I'm right that it's a Regency I2100M the wrong size liner may have been previously installed. The manual says that a 6" liner must be used. Is anyone able to identify my stove and confirm if I should use a 6" stainless steel liner? The hole on the stove is 6". Would it be better to go with a 6" liner?

The stove exterior box dimensions are 24" wide, 21" high, 17.5 deep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the manual says 6" only, then that is what should have been used.

It didn’t come with a manual. I just pulled that info from the online manual of the model I think it is. I’m hoping someone can help me confirm the model so I know for sure
It looks like a 2100 to me. And yes 6" later they did allow 5.5"

Are there only 2 firebricks on the side or is there a third, skinny brick between them? How many secondary tubes are there?

Are there only 2 firebricks on the side or is there a third, skinny brick between them? How many secondary tubes are there?
Great questions. There are only 2 firebricks and no skinny bricks between them. 4 firebricks at the back. 4 on the bottom plus one skinny brick. There are three tubes

It sure sounds like the Regency I2100M. Maybe this is an early version and they added the 2" brick later?

It sure sounds like the Regency I2100M. Maybe this is an early version and they added the 2" brick later?
Yes, it seems like that’s the consensus. It has a 6” hole so I think that’s the ideal dimension. Is there any reason I shouldn’t go with the 6” liner? It seems like the manufacturers recommendation

It will be much happier with a 6" liner on it.