Regency i2700 flue access

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

DOJOn

Sep 9, 2024
PA
Both my neighbor and Bro in law have the same regency i2700. Both had issues with snapped bolt heads while removing the bypass access plate at the back of the firebox. We did get one of the plates off, moved the bypass, and could not use the sooteater because the angle was too sharp for the flex rods. I have a napolean and removing the air rods and baffle to clean is an overall breeze. What is the trick for these regencys? Just trying to clean these things before we even worry about removing sheared off bolt heads upside down in a fire box (sigh)

Both my neighbor and Bro in law have the same regency i2700. Both had issues with snapped bolt heads while removing the bypass access plate at the back of the firebox. We did get one of the plates off, moved the bypass, and could not use the sooteater because the angle was too sharp for the flex rods. I have a napolean and removing the air rods and baffle to clean is an overall breeze. What is the trick for these regencys? Just trying to clean these things before we even worry about removing sheared off bolt heads upside down in a fire box (sigh)
I don't know my rods go right through

Do you recommend a particular sooteater or similar product? I have an older set with the black rods from 2012 and imagine there is something better by now.

And does anyone have a good strategy for removing the regency flue access panel? the rear 2 bolts just need to be loosened, but the front 2 require removal and snapped. Or am I way off on getting through the bypass. This regency has the combustor top front

Do you recommend a particular sooteater or similar product? I have an older set with the black rods from 2012 and imagine there is something better by now.

And does anyone have a good strategy for removing the regency flue access panel? the rear 2 bolts just need to be loosened, but the front 2 require removal and snapped. Or am I way off on getting through the bypass. This regency has the combustor top front
White rods are typically more flexible but I use a pro setup. Never used a homeowner version. At this point your going to have to drill out the broken bolts. And use lots of anti size on the new ones

Thank you for the input, in my time reading around the forum, I was hoping I'd see a reply from your handle.

I am now wondering what the techs used on the 2 regency models since it is clear they did not remove the access panel. Amongst the family and neighbors, we try to maintain 5-6 stoves a season. Feel free to send any suggestions of reasonable pro kits with good flexibility and durability for bottom to top cleaning.

Thank you for the input, in my time reading around the forum, I was hoping I'd see a reply from your handle.

I am now wondering what the techs used on the 2 regency models since it is clear they did not remove the access panel. Amongst the family and neighbors, we try to maintain 5-6 stoves a season. Feel free to send any suggestions of reasonable pro kits with good flexibility and durability for bottom to top cleaning.
I use snap lock rods. But I also have around $2k in rods and heads.