Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maalna2

Dec 20, 2016
Nashville, Tn
I have received a quote for I2400 but after reading here not sure if it is a good deal or a price gouge. I only have two Regency dealersin my area one of which is in a different state so not sure if they would come here due to permits and such. Anyways the quote I received to the I2400 and install is $5700. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Mark

I have received a quote for I2400 but after reading here not sure if it is a good deal or a price gouge. I only have two Regency dealersin my area one of which is in a different state so not sure if they would come here due to permits and such. Anyways the quote I received to the I2400 and install is $5700. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Mark
That depends upon what is involved with the install.

Sounds ok. My CI2600/HI400 with fancy door and insulated liner was $5500 installed with a 7% all-cash discount.

Reactions: Maalna2
Oh ok, It is going into an existing wood burning fireplace with about a 13 ft chimeny.. I dont have all the details as to what is involved though.
Install cost can vary greatly depending on the type of liner used the ammout of cleaning nessecary. And the details. That price sounds pretty good for a decent install. But i dont know what their proposal entails.

I don't think it is that bad. The liner and applicable parts are probably about a grand by themselves. Then the cost of the unit, cleaning the old fireplace/chimney, installing the new pipe and heavy unit (it took 4 of us to move mine), and to warranty the install.

I purchased mine used for 300 and cleaned it up, have contractors discount account to buy the pipe, and have several friends that helped out. I still paid about 2k doing everything myself and a used i2400 from 2009.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk