Regency HI400 vs Quadra fire grand voyager

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nic

Nov 1, 2018
GB
Hi All-
Looking for an all cast iron surround. FP opening is 43” wide, wife wants it flush.
Any thoughts on these two units?
Thanks!

I will always vote regency. Easy to use easy to maintain. Parts are readily available, so yeh Regency.

Reactions: tadmaz
Great, thank you!
Any thoughts on fan blower noise and have you heard of any issues regarding the finish of the painted black cast?
Appreciate your help

Blower noise on low is minimal. High has some noise, but it's a massive amount of super hot air blowing out of there. My finish of the cast seems to be holding up. I've had the insert since April with three children 4 and under playing with toys all over it. I believe the HI400 has a 2.6 cuft box, Voyageur Grand is 2.35. I couldn't fit the Voyageur Grand due to the cast being too tall for my fireplace. The other somewhat popular flush inserts would be from Enviro.

The HI400 is a hybrid, it is a Regency CI 2600 inside. Check that thread for a lot more info. The Grand Voyageur is a conventional tube design.